News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Borismaster invovled in 3 bus London crash

Started by winston, September 24, 2013, 05:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Yes brand new LT62 was involved in the accident, rumours are flying that the throttle may have been stuck on, but nothing confirmed yet.

on the subject of "Borismasters", has anyone seen LT50 which has been reported as being at a Recovery Centre somewhere around Birmingham, on its delivery trip, the ramp is alleged to have deployed whilst the vehicle was in motion?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Hmm..

Interesting one.

More then likely driver error. Foot planted on accelerator thinking its the brake, its happened before. I'm not one to judge but if the throttle was stuck wide open, the service brake would stop it.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 24, 2013, 07:29:17 PM
The superior Enviro comes out best, I see ;)

London enviros and enviros in general are horrid compared to borismasters which are better built, more fuel efficient, more spacious and better liked by passengers. They dont rattle half as much and actually look nice-I would say that a plaxton/wright bodied dart looks better than an e200, a president or east lancs myllenium or any gemini is looks nicer than an e400. Granted, the e400 is miles better than an alx400 but thats not really saying much. I think though with the e200 though theyve gone backwards.

Is that a wright electrocity I see damaged as well?

Stuharris 6360

Well the single decker (WHY4) is said to be a right off, and goodness knows what they will be able to do with LT62. The other vehicle (Enviro TLN9401) is said to have less damage.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 24, 2013, 07:36:19 PM
Well the single decker (WHY4) is said to be a right off, and goodness knows what they will be able to do with LT62. The other vehicle (Enviro TLN9401) is said to have less damage.

The WHYs arent popular there anyway are they. Didnt abellio/the leasor try to sell some of them-read that in buses a while back but never found out whether they had managed to shift any.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 24, 2013, 07:35:50 PM

London enviros and enviros in general are horrid compared to borismasters which are better built, more fuel efficient, more spacious and better liked by passengers. They dont rattle half as much and actually look nice-I would say that a plaxton/wright bodied dart looks better than an e200, a president or east lancs myllenium or any gemini is looks nicer than an e400. Granted, the e400 is miles better than an alx400 but thats not really saying much. I think though with the e200 though theyve gone backwards.

yes it is. From reports on another Group, its written off???

trident4370

Give me an Enviro over a borismaster anyday...

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 24, 2013, 07:38:50 PM

yes it is. From reports on another Group, its written off???

Thats a shame as theyre nice looking buses but I understand there were issues with the originals. Wouldnt this have been one recently given a new hybrid drive system by wrightbus. What happens when you have a bus written off like this thats on a contract for hybrids as another of these cant be bought. So does a secondhand bus arrive, a new hybrid, new diesel or do tfl look at options with the company affected. Just interested me thats all as to what happens

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on September 24, 2013, 07:40:58 PM
Give me an Enviro over a borismaster anyday...

No when i was in london a while back the enviros were horrid, roasting hot, too small and cramped with an interior that rattled and shook even on the new ones. The borismasters didnt do this and neither did geminis. Fact is london needed something iconic and that is what theyve got-something iconic, stylish, popular and very well built that supports British manufacturing. What more could you want?

nitromatt1

This one's a Trident Enviro though which makes it 10x better. The best buses in our fleet are the Trident Enviros. The Borismasters aren't really liked by passengers as they are cramped and have defective air conditioning and no opening windows.

Presidents are bland, Geminis are alright but Enviros are beautiful ;)

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 24, 2013, 07:45:14 PM

This one's a Trident Enviro though which makes it 10x better. The best buses in our fleet are the Trident Enviros. The Borismasters aren't really liked by passengers as they are cramped and have defective air conditioning and no opening windows.

Presidents are bland, Geminis are alright but Enviros are beautiful ;)

You would have had a lot more Trident/Enviros in your fleet had NX not decided to send them all to Travel London for Tfl tender wins.....

PM

Tbf never liked e400s but they seem to have got even worse recently-they rattle more and look worse than the 09 reg NX ones and earlier ones which seemed better built. Also all the adl buses I come across at the moment smell disgusting both inside and out-some of the e200s at showbus smelt revolting-really waxy/paint smell which can't be good and the NX ones still havent lost it after a while in service. Wonder why. I would reckon a streetlite over an e200 and a gemini over an e400. Will be interested to see what the next generation e400 looks like compared to the wright/volvo streetsahead

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 24, 2013, 07:48:39 PM
Tbf never liked e400s but they seem to have got even worse recently-they rattle more and look worse than the 09 reg NX ones and earlier ones which seemed better built. Also all the adl buses I come across at the moment smell disgusting both inside and out-some of the e200s at showbus smelt revolting-really waxy/paint smell which can't be good and the NX ones still havent lost it after a while in service. Wonder why. I would reckon a streetlite over an e200 and a gemini over an e400. Will be interested to see what the next generation e400 looks like compared to the wright/volvo streetsahead

I don't know why but I like that smell! I usually hate strong smells but this is one I like. I liked catching the 222 when the E200s were new on there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk