News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Kings Heath Incident

Started by Liberator9, September 22, 2013, 07:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Hi there, yesterday (Saturday 20th September) I caught the 76 back to Solihull from Kings Heath Vicarage Road, as I do everyday weekday. It then took nearly 10 minutes to reach the high street where 4352, 4342 and another YW Trident were parked up on the 35. They were trying to turn left however they couldn't due to the Police blocking the road off towards Birmingham. The 50s were turning down Vicarage Road and there was traffic chaos. Fortunately the 76 was unaffected apart from the traffic. Does anyone have any idea what was going on? Some said it was some kind of protest... Thanks in advance

P.S it was my lucky day really, as the south part of the high street was still open for the 76 and the driver kindly waited for me despite having loaded everyone else!

Stu

All I saw was a post on NXWM's Facebook page that buses were being diverted due to a 'police incident'.

The link to the page on their website was broken. Nothing reported in local media either.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on September 22, 2013, 01:03:20 PM
On Birmingham Mail website now:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/mum-hope-fennell-stops-kings-6076170

Mm! Interesting reading. Thanks for providing the link.

I support the 20mph limit through Kings Heath high street and proximity sensors to lorries. Excellent idea.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk