News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

27th OCT tenders/changes

Started by karl724223, September 17, 2013, 05:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: :D on October 18, 2013, 09:19:25 PM
Is it me or is it WMSNT has been hogging up all tenders lately? Seeing WMSNT is a government owned company, I'd guess it is probably good thing.

WMSNT is not government owned!

:D

Quote from: Tony on October 18, 2013, 09:44:49 PM
Is it me or is it WMSNT has been hogging up all tenders lately? Seeing WMSNT is a government owned company, I'd guess it is probably good thing.

Oops, I've made a mistake :/ It is owned by a charity. How do Centro tenders work? Is it basically whoever bids highest gets the tender?

winston

Quote from: :D on October 18, 2013, 10:00:53 PM
Quote from: Tony on October 18, 2013, 09:44:49 PM

Oops, I've made a mistake :/ It is owned by a charity. How do Centro tenders work? Is it basically whoever bids highest gets the tender?

I' d have thought it would be more likely to go to the lowest bidder.........

JB93

Quote from: Ossie on October 03, 2013, 10:39:00 PM
Mistertee has hit the nail on the head.  It's not unknown to see two 71's following each other nose-to-tail at the Sutton end  ;D.

What is now a reasonably on-time 10 minute service between Castle Vale and Sutton (thanks to the 71A) has the potential to become a pretty unreliable 15 minute service.

And the 71's are pretty full, most of the day - not unusual for standing passengers out of Sutton, even during the daytime ...... 

I know you can't please all the people all the time, but it's not a great move by NXWM.  I trust they'll monitor the route after the changes.

The 71 is full pretty much the whole way. It's ridiculously packed coming out of Solihull most of the time, which is why that low bridge in Minworth is a real bother because the 71/72 could really do with double deckers. Hopefully the 70 using double deckers will help the situation though. By the way, refresh my memory, when is it these changes with the 70 and 38 etc. come into effect?

Kevin

Quote from: JB93 on October 19, 2013, 04:10:54 AM
. By the way, refresh my memory, when is it these changes with the 70 and 38 etc. come into effect?

Erm...... Read the title of the thread?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Roy

Quote from: Westy on October 01, 2013, 10:48:52 PM
Quote from: s94 on October 01, 2013, 10:45:10 PM
Interesting to see Arriva launch the 310 between Willenhall and Merry Hill. What will be its route?

Supposed to be the same as the 327 & 610 between Willenhall & Dudley.

Dunno about the Merry Hill bit.

The Arriva Midlands website shows the route from Dudley as being the 246 route to Brierley Hill then via Mill Street and The Boulevard to Merry Hill.

Ashley 4566

This 310 service on face value sounds interesting, definately a new link to Merry Hill from Willenhall and Wednesbury without having to change buses

sonic84

Quote from: Roy on October 19, 2013, 03:39:01 PM
Interesting to see Arriva launch the 310 between Willenhall and Merry Hill. What will be its route?

Is this not the route which the original 310 run by BCC / Diamond between Merry Hill and Walsall used to take running to Dudley?
The Arriva Midlands website shows the route from Dudley as being the 246 route to Brierley Hill then via Mill Street and The Boulevard to Merry Hill.

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on October 21, 2013, 10:58:50 PM
Quote from: Roy on October 19, 2013, 03:39:01 PM

Is this not the route which the original 310 run by BCC / Diamond between Merry Hill and Walsall used to take running to Dudley?

I think it is

Stuharris 6360

Interestingly, it seems that only the final two journey's between Dudley & Merry Hill (and vice versa) on weekdays on the 243, plus evening Sunday journey's will be operated by Diamond. Otherwise it will still be National Express.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 25, 2013, 04:44:29 PM
Interestingly, it seems that only the final two journey's between Dudley & Merry Hill (and vice versa) on weekdays on the 243, plus evening Sunday journey's will be operated by Diamond. Otherwise it will still be National Express.

Yes, I did already post this in another thread. I've just realised how close we are to these changes now though!

mikestone

Not sure NWM did either! The only new TT at Wolverhampton was for the 18 and that was in the rack with Arriva';s photocopies.
Walsall did at least seem to have attempted to remove the dead ones.
;

Roy

Dudley also removed out of date timetables, which meant a lot of empty spaces.  The only new ones they had were all WB routes - 41, 44 and 54/54A/55.

Wolverhampton were still displaying timetables for service 22 to Russells Hall Hospital  !

Quite frankly, Network West Midlands are a disgrace when it comes to providing new timetables on time.  I was in Bristol last Saturday and all the new timetables for service changes that take place next Sunday were available at Bristol Bus Station.  In the Midlands, if we're lucky, we may see all the new timetable leaflets by the end of November.     

Stu

Quote from: Roy on October 28, 2013, 08:17:26 PM
Dudley also removed out of date timetables, which meant a lot of empty spaces.  The only new ones they had were all WB routes - 41, 44 and 54/54A/55.

Wolverhampton were still displaying timetables for service 22 to Russells Hall Hospital  !

Quite frankly, Network West Midlands are a disgrace when it comes to providing new timetables on time.  I was in Bristol last Saturday and all the new timetables for service changes that take place next Sunday were available at Bristol Bus Station.  In the Midlands, if we're lucky, we may see all the new timetable leaflets by the end of November.   

With the amount of timetable information that is readily available online, is there still much of a demand for printed timetable leaflets?

Granted, not everybody has access to the internet and a home printer they can use to download and view or even print off PDF timetables, but still the printed timetable that can be picked up from a travelshop seems like a relic from the past nowadays!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Quote from: Roy on October 28, 2013, 08:17:26 PM

There were many out of date timetables displayed in Dudley Bus Station today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk