News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Spotter vs NXD driver

Started by winston, September 12, 2013, 01:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

nx4737

Honestly, where was the need to report someone knowing how high the chances of them loosing their job are?

Whenever a driver gives me the middle finger for taking a photo I find it much more satisfying to do it back to them, there's no need to put someone out of a job, a middle finger isn't exactly the most offensive thing in the world.

Only driver I've ever reported was some middle aged prison warden type woman at Wilts and Dorset, and that's only because she got out the cab and stood in the middle of the road to scram and swear at me.

Nathan4775

I prefer to take my pictures when its on layover and the driver isnt there or there loading that way then I dont have that problem
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Well I do hope that if a similar incident was to happen down here such ridiculous action wouldn't be taken I really do, that's potentially a whole families livelihood jeopardised, and that's a word to all spotters as well, don't go and report it!

But I do think there is perhaps a angle to this story we are not being made aware of, perhaps its a previous disciplinary record, or the spotter and the bus driver were already against each other for something, bus related or not, could even be friends that have fallen out and one was looking to get revenge on the other, who knows!

winston

The driver should definitely be disciplined as it doesn't present a good image of the company the driver works for, but I don't think it should be a sackable offense

gc802002

There is more to this and meets the eye!! But not really the place for me to comment further.

John

I had a driver of a First Manchester Citaro give me the finger last time I was there. Funny thing was that I had already took the picture before he done it! At the other end, a driver of the 11 in Wolverhampton waved at me and my mate on Tuesday when he took a picture of it

Gareth

There are occasions in my job where I get the odd camera pointed in my direction. Sometimes it can be annoying, but I would never dream of making any rude gesture, verbal or otherwise to the person doing it. There is a chance that I could loose my job. And bus drivers shouldn't be treated any different. It is rude and offensive and very bad image for the company.

Liverpool Street

It is classed as a gross misconduct offence: Section 6; Subsection 3 - "Causing the company to go into a disrepute"

(That's what section is used to be anyway.)

However, I believe a certain amount of common sense needs to be employed by NX management.

Unfortunately we don't know the full story so none of us can really comment. On the other hand, that chap who got 'sacked for eating a grape', if you knew what he truely did then you'll be glad the chap got dismissed.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ex BC driver

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 12, 2013, 12:21:46 PM
It is classed as a gross misconduct offence: Section 6; Subsection 3 - "Causing the company to go into a disrepute"

However, I believe a certain amount of common sense needs to be employed by NX management.

Unfortunately we don't know the full story so none of us can really comment. On the other hand, that chap who got 'sacked for eating a grape', if you knew what he truely did then you'll be glad the chap got dismissed.

I remember that one, in the newspaper it made out that he was parked up, and that he was taking NX to court. But then I heard the true story from a Coventry driver when I was on a course at Miller Street

PM

Quote from: Gareth on September 12, 2013, 11:43:52 AM
There are occasions in my job where I get the odd camera pointed in my direction. Sometimes it can be annoying, but I would never dream of making any rude gesture, verbal or otherwise to the person doing it. There is a chance that I could loose my job. And bus drivers shouldn't be treated any different. It is rude and offensive and very bad image for the company.

Totally agree with you here Gareth it is a serious offense and dont understand why drivers make such a fuss anyway. Most dont care, in most pictures you can scarcely even see the driver though got a nice wave from a diamond driver yesterday

winston

With employment law like it is these days, I'm sure NXD have more than enough grounds to sack this driver and have dotted the I's & crossed the T's to prevent the case going to an employee tribunal

PM

Quote from: Winston on September 12, 2013, 01:03:34 PM

With employment law like it is these days, I'm sure NXD have more than enough grounds to sack this driver and have dotted the I's & crossed the T's to prevent the case going to an employee tribunal

Exactly but just dont understand why some drivers don't like it? The ones in London waved virtually all the time especially those driving the routemasters and even the new borismasters and ordinary buses as well. Maybe theyre more used to tourists etc doing that than in other places?

gc802002

There is a lot more to this story! However driver concerned now works for Fishers Coaches

trident4370

I don't really see much point in reporting something so minor, whenever I get gestures from Drivers I usually just return the favour or better yet just wave at them to annoy! The thing that jumps to my mind if he has been sacked is has he had previous complaints for other offences?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk