News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

So why buy new buses to 'upgrade' routes make great local fanfare with exhibitions etc then downgrade them? Amanda Milling is in the Chronicle this week having a tour of the depot to find out all the things arriva are doing locally to improve local bus services to make bus travel more attractive.  I wonder if they said 'well you start off with some brand new buses branded up, then you downgrade the timetable and reduce the frequency,  and get rid of two of said new buses, and for your prominent main circular you do buy same number of buses, then get rid of them and put any old shit on up to 15 years old, it makes travelling better and easier"

Bob

In Derbys case it's an upgrade though

Bob

I wonder if Cannock will see any more changes although to be fair they couldn't really downgrade it any more ? If they get rid of the Streetshites that would be a bonus

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 08, 2016, 08:18:49 PM
In Derbys case it's an upgrade though

That's not a Midlands North depot though

LG

It seems strange for the mercs to be moved from Tamworth when this remains a profitable depot, there must another reason for the fleet move

Bob

True Tony... Maybe my wish will come true and they'll do one from some areas ( namely Cannock ) & take their unreliable  threadbare sheds with em!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on July 08, 2016, 08:31:43 PM
True Tony... Maybe my wish will come true and they'll do one from some areas ( namely Cannock ) & take their unreliable  threadbare sheds with em!

And maybe you'll stop slagging Arriva off with your boring rants and uncensored swearing. If only.

Not everything's black and white, it will be nice to have some different vehicles closer to home.

Bob

Only someone like you could spin an absolute downgrading of a fleet into 'something nice'. .😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Maybe one day you'll have a clue what your on about lol

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2016, 08:08:40 PM
So all Arriva Midlands North depots are now getting downgrades?

That doesn't bode well for AMN

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Bob on July 08, 2016, 08:20:45 PM
I wonder if Cannock will see any more changes although to be fair they couldn't really downgrade it any more ? If they get rid of the Streetshites that would be a bonus

They probably will get rid of the Streelites and send them to  Shires like everything else. Then they will have got rid of all of Cannocks newer buses as well!!

LG

It will be interesting to see some different fleet about in the north

Dom

Quote from: Bob on July 08, 2016, 08:59:30 PM
Only someone like you could spin an absolute downgrading of a fleet into 'something nice'. .😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Maybe one day you'll have a clue what your on about lol

Ever heard the saying one mans junk is another mans treasure! Seriously you sound like a child in a bloody school playground.

Bob

You got the junk part right

Dom

Quote from: Bob on July 08, 2016, 09:31:17 PM
You got the junk part right

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't. Christ the world would be a boring place if that was the case.

Bob

Yea but to be fair no one with any sense could argue that buying new buses branded up then swiftly getting rid ( after a big promotion like in Cannock ) & replacing with tat and now downgrading other garages allocations is a sign of a business doing very well.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk