News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Red DD at Long Acre

Started by mikestone, September 01, 2013, 05:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

A red DD, possibly London, today in Long Acre. I  wrote down BG11KGZ , but nothing like that on buslists.

andy

Quote from: mikestone on September 01, 2013, 05:56:03 PM
A red DD, possibly London, today in Long Acre. I  wrote down BG11KGZ , but nothing like that on buslists.

It's been there a couple of days now, maybe for evaluation.

PM

Sure it wasnt one of the wessex red ones? Was it definitely a BG11 start or could it have been an FJ57 one or possibly a BX62 one. It could even have been a scania omnicity but cant really find anything with a registration similar to this

andy

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 01, 2013, 07:23:07 PM
Sure it wasnt one of the wessex red ones? Was it definitely a BG11 start or could it have been an FJ57 one or possibly a BX62 one. It could even have been a scania omnicity but cant really find anything with a registration similar to this

It looks more like an Enviro to me.

PM

Quote from: andy on September 01, 2013, 07:28:08 PM

Oh right in that case probably is a demo or something as there are none in the rotala fleet as far as I know.

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 01, 2013, 07:41:28 PM

Oh right in that case probably is a demo or something as there are none in the rotala fleet as far as I know.

It would be very unusual for an Enviro to have a Birmingham registration. Apart from vehicles new to local companies,  vehicles that normally have registrations starting B are Volvos because they are registered by Volvo at Warwick, or Mercedes because of Evobus at Coventry or King Longs, also at Coventry

PM

Quote from: Tony on September 01, 2013, 08:21:15 PM

It would be very unusual for an Enviro to have a Birmingham registration. Apart from vehicles new to local companies,  vehicles that normally have registrations starting B are Volvos because they are registered by Volvo at Warwick, or Mercedes because of Evobus at Coventry or King Longs, also at Coventry

Mind you yesterday in london there were enviros with Yorkshire reg's or SN registrations as well as the predictable LK/LX   london registrations

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 01, 2013, 09:09:16 PM

Mind you yesterday in london there were enviros with Yorkshire reg's or SN registrations as well as the predictable LK/LX   london registrations

With the closure of the local LVLOs a lot of companies are now using the builder to register their vehicles. Enviros with Yx.nn.xxx will be Scarborough built ones and Sx nn xxx ones will be Falkirk built ones. I gather even Stagecoach are now to give up on locally registered vehicles

PM

Quote from: Tony on September 01, 2013, 09:36:22 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on September 01, 2013, 09:09:16 PM

With the closure of the local LVLOs a lot of companies are now using the builder to register their vehicles. Enviros with Yx.nn.xxx will be Scarborough built ones and Sx nn xxx ones will be Falkirk built ones. I gather even Stagecoach are now to give up on locally registered vehicles

Oh right course Scarborough build these now don't they. It does seem a real shame to be honest and it gives a vehicle a regional identity which is good. Optare buses always seem to be yorkshire registered as do some vdls as this is obviously where dealerships are

mikestone

A bit more research suggests it is BJ11XGZ, the non-compliant MCV LUL demonstrator

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dylan4579

PM

Thought they didnt like MCVs and sold them due to quality issues and they didnt seem mad on repairing the existing MCV decker. Have I missed something??!

Stu

If it is BJ11XGZ, that's a Volvo B9TL, with MCV bodywork?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

Quote from: Stu on September 03, 2013, 11:45:16 AM
If it is BJ11XGZ, that's a Volvo B9TL, with MCV bodywork?

The reg is close to what was quoted and tbf these do look fairly like enviro400s. I really like them and hope some are ordered

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk