News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on February 05, 2020, 09:05:34 AM
There are still 2 yellow/green shelters around Ward End. One served by the 28/28A, the stop after the Fox and Goose on the Alum Rock Road and one at Alum Rock Road, Sladefield Road served by the 14.
There's still 2 yellow/green shelters on the Dyas Road that the 28 serve.

If my mind serves me correctly there's still one on Sedgley Road West by the Pie Factory on the 229 towards Dudley.

BH2004

Quote from: Jack on February 05, 2020, 05:38:48 PM
There's still 2 yellow/green shelters on the Dyas Road that the 28 serve.

If my mind serves me correctly there's still one on Sedgley Road West by the Pie Factory on the 229 towards Dudley.

There is also one on pensnett high street by tansley green road for the 5, 5A and X10 towards Dudley

SO6597

There are some yellow and green shelters on Woodlands Park Road in Bournville. Mainly for the 27.

Jack

Quote from: SO6597 on February 05, 2020, 09:44:42 PM
There are some yellow and green shelters on Woodlands Park Road in Bournville. Mainly for the 27.
Talking of South Brum ones, there's too that are (could of been repainted) on the AG 5.
One on Highlands Road and the one on Showell Green Lane inbound.
Also pretty much the majority of bus stops on Gospel Oak are the old green and yellow shelters bar a couple.

ellspurs

I do like the way that you can tell where the county boundary is by looking at the bus stops.

On the current 87 route (Solihull - Coventry), as you travel down Hodgetts Lane towards Cromwell Lane (just before Burton Green), you are treated to the following variety of bus stop flags:

Network West Midlands - 87/89 (and an 82-flagged bus stop opposite)
Travel West Midlands bus stop flag with 192 haphazardly stickered to it as you enter Burton Green (and consequently Warwickshire)
WMPTE bus stop flag with 24/34/44 on it [never seen those services before]
Centro bus shelter (which used to have a Network West Midlands flag on it but was removed)
Another Travel West Midlands bus stop flag with 192 on it
Network West Midlands flag once you enter Coventry.

If you drive through Coleshill as well, some of the bus stops are still advertising the 717/757/767/777 that stopped running years ago.

I'm glad this is one thing that is maintained in the West Midlands County.

Stu

Fun fact, the four stops for Palmerston Road on Stratford Road (by ALDI) now have three designs.

The inbound and outbound stops for the 2, 3, 4, 4A, 5 and 6 are in the 'new' West Midlands Bus design.

The inbound stop for the X50 is in the 'experimental' TfWM design.

While the NOT IN USE stop (previously used by the 2 and 3) is in the Network West Midlands design.

;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Busboy105

Fun fact No2:
The stops around the Birmingham Coach Station have three designs
DS10 has the new WMBus flag
DS5 has the experimental WMBus flag (glad they didn't go with that one, that design was ugly. Not that the new one is better but I feel that it will grow on me eventually).
DS6 has the old Platinum black flag. (Still can't believe that it's still there considering that all the other flags on the X1/X2 have been reverted back to the classic blue and white flag).

paulb1973

Quote from: ellspurs on February 06, 2020, 07:12:40 PM
I do like the way that you can tell where the county boundary is by looking at the bus stops.

On the current 87 route (Solihull - Coventry), as you travel down Hodgetts Lane towards Cromwell Lane (just before Burton Green), you are treated to the following variety of bus stop flags:

Network West Midlands - 87/89 (and an 82-flagged bus stop opposite)
Travel West Midlands bus stop flag with 192 haphazardly stickered to it as you enter Burton Green (and consequently Warwickshire)
WMPTE bus stop flag with 24/34/44 on it [never seen those services before]
Centro bus shelter (which used to have a Network West Midlands flag on it but was removed)
Another Travel West Midlands bus stop flag with 192 on it
Network West Midlands flag once you enter Coventry.

If you drive through Coleshill as well, some of the bus stops are still advertising the 717/757/767/777 that stopped running years ago.

I'm glad this is one thing that is maintained in the West Midlands County.

24/34/44 goes back to, I was going to say, 1985, but probably nearer 1983! 24/34 used to be City, Pool Meadow - Tile Hill South via a slight variation between Tile Hill Lane and Torrington Avenue. The 44 went further to Balsall Common I think (services 42-46 covered the Coventry - University of Warwick/Cannon Park - Balsall Common/Burton Green/Berkswell axis). The 192-194 group swept most of these away in the early 80's.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on February 06, 2020, 07:26:12 PM
Fun fact, the four stops for Palmerston Road on Stratford Road (by ALDI) now have three designs.

The inbound and outbound stops for the 2, 3, 4, 4A, 5 and 6 are in the 'new' West Midlands Bus design.

The inbound stop for the X50 is in the 'experimental' TfWM design.

While the NOT IN USE stop (previously used by the 2 and 3) is in the Network West Midlands design.

;D

Spoilsports at TfWM have now replaced the flag at the X50 stop, so the above is no longer relevant.  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: 2206 on October 09, 2019, 03:19:31 PM
Would makes sense, if they replaced the pole at University North Gate on Pritchatts Road, towards Birmingham City Centre with a shelter. It has become a very busy stop and seems to be used heavily. Must have been about 40 people waiting at that stop, when I went past earlier.
Received a response from TFWM about this claiming, that this isn't possible because of the proximity of a car parking layby. Strange they just don't get rid of the layby then as i'm sure a small handful of people can find somewhere else to park a few cars.  Far more people use the bus stop. Or relocate the stop to somewhere more suitable.

Response is bellow:
I'm sorry to hear that you find the bus stop pole unsatisfactory given the high number of passengers that travel to and from the stop. I can advise that we have previously received similar requests to install a bus shelter at Pritchatts Road and having investigated the site, have unfortunately had to decline those requests, due to the locality of the car park entrance and the proximity of a lay-by on the carriageway making the environment unsuitable.

We would however, be willing to reassess the need for a shelter, should local ward councillors register their support.

Securing the support of councillors helps to confirm that your request represents the needs of the local community. Therefore, you will need to contact your councillors with your request.

As this stop is located in the ward of Bournbrook and Selly Park, your local councillors are:

Cllr Brigid Jones
Telephone: 0121 464 4000
Email: brigid.jones@birmingham.gov.uk
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

don

Quote from: 2206 on February 19, 2020, 10:54:14 PM
Received a response from TFWM about this claiming, that this isn't possible because of the proximity of a car parking layby. Strange they just don't get rid of the layby then as i'm sure a small handful of people can find somewhere else to park a few cars.  Far more people use the bus stop. Or relocate the stop to somewhere more suitable.

Response is bellow:
I'm sorry to hear that you find the bus stop pole unsatisfactory given the high number of passengers that travel to and from the stop. I can advise that we have previously received similar requests to install a bus shelter at Pritchatts Road and having investigated the site, have unfortunately had to decline those requests, due to the locality of the car park entrance and the proximity of a lay-by on the carriageway making the environment unsuitable.

We would however, be willing to reassess the need for a shelter, should local ward councillors register their support.

Securing the support of councillors helps to confirm that your request represents the needs of the local community. Therefore, you will need to contact your councillors with your request.

As this stop is located in the ward of Bournbrook and Selly Park, your local councillors are:

Cllr Brigid Jones
Telephone: 0121 464 4000
Email: brigid.jones@birmingham.gov.uk

That's a quite odd reply - on one hand they're saying the 'environment is unsuitable', but on the other are intimating that if, despite having had several requests, and clearly a large usage, they're willing to look at it again if a councillor supports it - perhaps they'll be willing to do something to change the site conditions in that case....

@2206 it sounds like you need to get in the Councillor's diary 😄😏
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Gareth

Alum Rock Road has some sparkly new TfWM red and grey flags. All with 14 and 53 on them.

Unless the 53 has been rerouted again this week and I haven't seen one yet, it has t used Alum Rock Road for quite a while!

Quote from: Gareth on February 19, 2020, 11:15:45 PM
Alum Rock Road has some sparkly new TfWM red and grey flags. All with 14 and 53 on them.

Unless the 53 has been rerouted again this week and I haven't seen one yet, it has t used Alum Rock Road for quite a while!
It will be running through Alum Rock from Monday.
Alum Rock Road, Cotterills Road, Belchers Lane. So a different route to the last time it used the Alum Rock Road.
The present route through Bordesley Green will no longer be served.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: 2206 on January 11, 2020, 11:14:50 AM
The flag on the 14 stop at Alum Rock Road, Sladefield Road towards Chelmsley has faded badly. And you can now see the numbers "525" and "613" showing up on the flag underneath it, presumably it was reused from another area.
Still not been replaced and still has the faded flag today.

And yes I did report it to TFWM @Stu, but it seems like the stop on Prtichatts Road at University North Gate they can't be bothered to fix it. As I reported it around the time of posting on January 11th and did so again several weeks ago, when I noticed it had still not been corrected.
Also nearby at the 14/28 stop at Alum Rock Road,  Woodwells Road in Ward End towards Heartlands/City Centre there is a huge piece of glass lying on the ground, that has fallen out of the shelter.

Coleshill Road, Fox and Goose near Tesco 55/94 stop in Ward End towards Chelmsley and Nechells Parkway, Bloomsbury Street towards the City Centre in Nechells, last time I checked both of these stops had still had no flag, and have not gained any since I reported it to TFWM.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on February 20, 2020, 04:08:41 PM
Still not been replaced and still has the faded flag today.

And yes I did report it to TFWM @Stu, but it seems like the stop on Prtichatts Road they can't be bothered to fix it. As I reported it around the time of posting on January 11th and did so again several weeks ago, when I noticed it had still not been corrected.
Also nearby at the 14/28 stop at Alum Rock Road,  Woodwells Road in Ward End towards Heartlands/City Centre there is a huge piece of glass lying on the ground, that has fallen out of the shelter.

Coleshill Road, Fox and Goose near Tesco 55/94 stop in Ward End towards Chelmsley and Nechells Parkway, Bloomsbury Street towards the City Centre in Nechells, last time I checked both of these stops had still had no flag, and have not gained any since I reported it to TFWM.
I have the same issue as you. I reported that the Millhouse Road (the blue shelter) and the Fosbrooke Road stop towards Birmingham had no flags. Only the Millhouse Road one got the new flag but the Fosbrooke Road one still hasn't got one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk