News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Driver Transfers and Loans to another garage

Started by Trident 4609, August 22, 2013, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Has anyone on here seen a driver either transfered or on loan to another garage? Reason i ask is because i caught a 63 in Birmingham today and it was being driven by a driver i recognise at WN Park Lane garage!

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 22, 2013, 07:01:58 PM
Has anyone on here seen a driver either transfered or on loan to another garage? Reason i ask is because i caught a 63 in Birmingham today and it was being driven by a driver i recognise at WN Park Lane garage!

LS posted on here a short time back, just before he retired, that there were a few PL drivers on loan at BC to cover driver shortages there.

trident4370

I did see a female AG driver on the 50 a few weeks back

lynx1103

They would be paid 3 hours travelling time to be on
Loan to other garages.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on August 22, 2013, 09:34:15 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 22, 2013, 07:01:58 PM

LS posted on here a short time back, just before he retired, that there were a few PL drivers on loan at BC to cover driver shortages there.

I'm glad someone reads my posts.

I've a lot of respect for you, Mikey.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Probably missed the thread while reading my unread posts. Do you know why PL drivers are on loan? Do they have enough drivers avaliable over other garages to loan to BC?

fleetline6477

I understand that there used to be 'flying squad' a group of drivers who were available to go and cover at particular depots when needed. I think they were trained on a few routes for each depot. Was this the case? Is it still happening?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: fleetline6477 on August 23, 2013, 10:19:17 PM
I understand that there used to be 'flying squad' a group of drivers who were available to go and cover at particular depots when needed. I think they were trained on a few routes for each depot. Was this the case? Is it still happening?

Not that I was aware of.

And let them have BC duties. Specifically on the 47 over next weekend. It's gonna be standing load to Cofton Hackett and then just a bunch of druggie ravers staring at you from the bus stop, demanding you leave early. Screw you, I've a timetable and I deserve a break. Gr. But no one sees it from the drivers perspective. I'm glad for bus nuts in a way as they know what's going on. But, i wouldnt recommend stage-carriage work. I'm going onto the continent for some part time coach work.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

wbdriver

Quote from: fleetline6477 on August 23, 2013, 10:19:17 PM

used to, as we have a driver who used to be in the flying squad at WB and tells us of stories about it and it was disbanded about 2007.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Trident 4609

A NXWM driver (Pretty sure a Park Lane driver) driving Arriva 19 today with full NXWM uniform!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 28, 2013, 09:09:00 PM
A NXWM driver (Pretty sure a Park Lane driver) driving Arriva 19 today with full NXWM uniform!

You must be seeing things surely?

Saying that I see VIP drivers wearing full NX uniform.. I expect its to do with their coach work?
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Heard of drivers being lent to another depot, but to another firm??  :-\
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 28, 2013, 09:12:07 PM

Saying that I see VIP drivers wearing full NX uniform.. I expect its to do with their coach work?

Nope i am not seeing things! I am not the one to make things up like that! Wouldn't have posted it if i never saw it. 90% sure i have saw him drive WN routes

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 28, 2013, 09:14:17 PM

Nope i am not seeing things! I am not the one to make things up like that! Wouldn't have posted it if i never saw it. 90% sure i have saw him drive WN routes

Might just be mistaken identity? Do Arriva do any NX coach work?
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 28, 2013, 09:14:17 PM

i wonder then if he has got a new job with Arriva and while he waits for his new uniform he is driving in his old NX uniform. Mind you, i may be wrong, but don't you have to return your uniform if you leave National Express?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk