News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: ellspurs on February 05, 2020, 07:27:26 PM
On that tracker, it shows that at least two buses working the 150 today went to Worcester from Redditch, but Johnsons don't have a Worcester service listed on the bustimes page. Would have this been school services?

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/195940#journeys/2671612
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/195922#journeys/2666909
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/195941#journeys/2671811

The 150 continues on to Worcester every two hours (numbered 150A)

ellspurs

Quote from: Nathan on February 05, 2020, 07:31:01 PM

Ah, that would explain it. I didn't look at that as bustimes just had it listed as Redditch - Wythall - Birmingham.

Stu

150, 150A Birmingham - Redditch - Woodrow North - Worcester:

It's an odd one, because I'm sure at the bus stops I've been at, the printed timetables only show the 150 as going to Redditch.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on February 05, 2020, 08:00:55 PM
It's an odd one, because I'm sure at the bus stops I've been at, the printed timetables only show the 150 as going to Redditch.

I expect this is because the service is registered in two parts (either side of Redditch) because the full route is over 30 miles long - one of the downsides of the regulation that put a mileage limit on local bus services.  Buses on the 150A from Birmingham show that they are running through to Worcester.

Interestingly, although the X20 Coventry - Solihull - Stratford is also registered in two parts for this reason (either side of Solihull Station), I noticed at Pool Meadow recently that the TfWM departure list does show the full route all the way to Stratford.  As many readers will probably know, buses normally show "X20 Solihull then Stratford" or "X20 Solihull then Coventry".

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Nathan on February 05, 2020, 07:31:01 PM

YX18KNW on this service yesterday.

Ian Hardy

mikestone

Services 1,2 start back from Stratford station from 1st September.

Sandy Lane

Johnsons Coaches proposes major jobs cull as chill winds sweep travel industry.
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/johnsons-coaches-proposes-major-jobs-18814120

Looks like the Coventry paper was struggling to find a topical photo (as usual!)

J GL

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 23, 2020, 09:35:21 AM
Johnsons Coaches proposes major jobs cull as chill winds sweep travel industry.
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/johnsons-coaches-proposes-major-jobs-18814120

Looks like the Coventry paper was struggling to find a topical photo (as usual!)
Seeing as what has happened to DeCourcey, I hope Johnson's isn't forced to go the same way!

Kevin

Noted a Tempo in Banbury a couple of mornings this week on the early 3A journey from Stratford displaying "50A" instead. Been a couple of years since its been numbered that, curious why they'd still have it on the blinds? As far as I'm aware it isn't a journey that's become closed door for schoolkids, I know they've updated the blinds to state that much on the X7
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Kevin on September 17, 2020, 07:38:27 AM
Noted a Tempo in Banbury a couple of mornings this week on the early 3A journey from Stratford displaying "50A" instead. Been a couple of years since its been numbered that, curious why they'd still have it on the blinds? As far as I'm aware it isn't a journey that's become closed door for schoolkids, I know they've updated the blinds to state that much on the X7

In fact the 3A was renumbered back to 50A (or replaced by 50A if you prefer) on 1st September.  The timetable is at

BBS

Seen a Ordinary E20D on the X50 to Birmingham today.What is the allocation for this route?Didn't it used to have E400mmc and Used to be called X20?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

Quote from: bbs on September 20, 2020, 11:49:58 PM
Seen a Ordinary E20D on the X50 to Birmingham today.What is the allocation for this route?Didn't it used to have E400mmc and Used to be called X20?

No its didn't  use to be the X20 and has always been single deck

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on September 21, 2020, 06:11:20 AM
No its didn't  use to be the X20 and has always been single deck

Actually Tony It did used to be the X20 but it didn't used to go to Chipping Norton 

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on September 21, 2020, 09:33:39 AM
Actually Tony It did used to be the X20 but it didn't used to go to Chipping Norton

The current johnsons service into Birmingham from Redditch has never been the X20. That was a completely different service, get you facts right before criticising me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk