News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metrocity

Quote from: MW on April 11, 2018, 09:55:37 AM
There's no point of painting them now. They'll have to be painted again into Diamond blue..
Are Diamond acquring the vehicles?

Steveminor

MW obviously knows something even our directors don't.
Maybe he could tell us when NX are selling to Rotala lol

fleetline6477

In recent years Claribels have always impressed me with their livey and fleetnames on modern buses. Whilst they've maintained the modern vehicles fleetnames and a basic livery is standard.

If they continue to break AQPS rules on tendered route 424 can / should the contract be revoked? Are they in jepody of facing a ban from City Centre?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Steveminor on April 11, 2018, 07:42:45 PM
MW obviously knows something even our directors don't.
Maybe he could tell us when NX are selling to Rotala lol

Steve,

If this is helpful - I will confirm that we have no dialogue with any Director or Shareholder of Claribels over the acquisition of their business.

I try not to respond to every rumour as I would be sat all day everyday responding.  However, I have seen multiple comments on multiple platforms about this.

As always, we are looking at opportunties but Claribels is not one we are looking at.

Simon

Steveminor

Thank you for that confirmation Simon.

Now can all the rumour mongers please put this to bed once & forall

Solo1

When will the buses be painted into claribells livery or have the logos put on

Jack

@Steveminor have the 424E's been withdrawn? As the flags just say 424 now and the timetables just have 424 and no 424E

The flags on Hassop Road now say that the 424 stops there. Timetables don't. Either TfWM have made an error as the 424 currently doesn't serve Hassop Road.

Steveminor

The 424 route & timetable are amended from 29th April. All am 424e journeys are withdrawn pm peak 424e are converted to 424. Pear tree estate will no longer be served neither will the markets. One stop will only be served from city with buses going towards city going straight to crown & cushion then off towards the Broadway . In perry beeches the route has been extended via hassop rd, beeches rd & Aldridge rd to serve the Asda Queslett.

Jack

Quote from: Steveminor on April 13, 2018, 03:04:30 PM
The 424 route & timetable are amended from 29th April. All am 424e journeys are withdrawn pm peak 424e are converted to 424. Pear tree estate will no longer be served neither will the markets. One stop will only be served from city with buses going towards city going straight to crown & cushion then off towards the Broadway . In perry beeches the route has been extended via hassop rd, beeches rd & Aldridge rd to serve the Asda Queslett.
I agree with all of these amendments you doing. The 424E is a little inconvenient. I think the 424 being extended to Asda Queslett is a great idea and I'm sure elderly people here will be happy there is a bus that goes to Asda. A lot of the elderly people here have said they'd like a direct bus service to Asda, so I'm sure it will be useful.

metrocity

Quote from: Steveminor on April 13, 2018, 03:04:30 PM
The 424 reliability has been woeful for a number of years. The changes sound sensible and should hopefully address the majority of issues

Steveminor

Thanks both of you for your comments it shows we are on.the right track with the amendments. The post office & chemist in the beeches have got some of the new timetables.

Jack

Quote from: Steveminor on April 13, 2018, 04:56:39 PM
Thanks both of you for your comments it shows we are on.the right track with the amendments. The post office & chemist in the beeches have got some of the new timetables.
Correct, as has the Haddon Road terminus Stop.

winston

PD0000087/47 Registered
CLARIBEL COACHES LTD
Route: Birmingham International Station to Birmingham Busuness Park
Service number: 75
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 04 Jun 2018

Solo1

Wonder why they are only doing the peak running unless extra

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on April 24, 2018, 07:15:09 PM
Wonder why they are only doing the peak running unless extra