News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

No hope for the Sunday service to take on NXWM fully on the 94 then. How sad.

When the 55 is withdrawn during the day and on Saturdays next month and only peak journeys remain what will happen to the spare full size single deckers? Also will Claribels get some midi buses for the, S16, 424 and 604?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

School work or may be sold as 604  might do the pm 55  service not sure about the am service but I may be wrong

Lukeee

I remember Diamond using 10.7m darts on the 424 and 604 so maybe possible to squeeze claribels slightly longer current fleet round them routes

Steveminor

There is absolutely no way to get our pulsars or commanders round either the 424 or 604. The commanders will be leaving the fleet shortly to be replaced with brand new e200s.

Kevin

Quote from: Steveminor on March 21, 2017, 06:18:22 AM
There is absolutely no way to get our pulsars or commanders round either the 424 or 604. The commanders will be leaving the fleet shortly to be replaced with brand new e200s.

** personal opinion alert **
And so begins the decent of this established and fairly respected operator into one of minibuses and tendered routes.
I think it's a shame to see
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Kevin on March 21, 2017, 07:32:11 AM
** personal opinion alert **
And so begins the decent of this established and fairly respected operator into one of minibuses and tendered routes.
I think it's a shame to see

** personal opinion of someone who's used them since day 1 alert **

As much as I loved riding around in the early days on Fords & Bedfords etc (and even a treat on a Tiger Doyen), that's not what J.P. wants, & certainly not what TfWM will countenance.

It's a shame the E20MMC's are named as such, as they get tarred with the same brush as the Dart-derived tat that is an E20D. The MMC's (fair enough, I don't have to maintain them) are a pleasant enough experience. Yes, an improvement on what they'll be replacing. There'll even be a couple of feet extra space in the yard as well  ;D

YJ57BOH operating a 55E to Kingshurst passed Ward End, The Fox and Goose about 10 minutes ago. Never seen that before.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on March 21, 2017, 04:41:02 PM
YJ57BOH operating a 55E to Kingshurst passed Ward End, The Fox and Goose about 10 minutes ago. Never seen that before.

In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed so many 94's (not 94E though) terminating at Bacons End.

Quote from: Gareth on March 21, 2017, 09:15:53 PM
In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed so many 94's (not 94E though) terminating at Bacons End.
Yes it just said 55 Kingshurst on the display.
Those 94's terminating at Bacons End have occurred quite often over the last couple of years from what i've seen. Usually during the peak hours.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on March 21, 2017, 09:19:23 PM
Yes it just said 55 Kingshurst on the display.
Those 94's terminating at Bacons End have occurred quite often over the last couple of years from what i've seen. Usually during the peak hours.

These are daytime Bacons End I've seen. I'm used to seeing the usual Peak ones.

Kevin

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on March 21, 2017, 08:36:22 AM
As much as I loved riding around in the early days on Fords & Bedfords etc (and even a treat on a Tiger Doyen), that's not what J.P. wants, & certainly not what TfWM will countenance.

In terms if buses fair enough, but it's the route thing that gets me:
From competing against the monopoly holder on fairly major routes with a fairly solid local base around the east of the city - to suddenly cutting some of them so they can carry fresh air around estates unfamiliar with them for a few years before they, like every operator before them, lose the tender to another minibus company
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Gareth on March 21, 2017, 10:55:32 PM
These are daytime Bacons End I've seen. I'm used to seeing the usual Peak ones.

Is Bacons End a good place to meet Peppa Pig?  ;-)
Tony

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on March 22, 2017, 08:14:22 AM
Is Bacons End a good place to meet Peppa Pig?  ;-)

Good place to go for a fried brekky @Other Walsall Tony

YJ59BCU was operating a 55E to Kingshurst on the Priory Queensway in the City Centre at 16:43.
Displaying 55 Kingshurst on the destination display.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk