News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Gareth on February 01, 2022, 06:17:39 PM
It's increasingly terrible. I know buses can't can't fly over cars, I know there's traffic, I know there's also delays to Claribels. I also know that out of 12 buses an hour, 5 or 6 of them turn up within 5 minutes. But that isn't the point here. The point I was making is that if we lose 3 or 4 buses an hour on the 94 route, the people who use those three or four buses will now be using the NX service resulting in far busier buses and Priory Queensway at 4pm being more unbearable than it already is.
Yes I agree. And it is busy but Priory Queensway at between 3-6PM is rush hour, so lots of people going home, you can't expect any different to be honest. NX also did address the 95 rush hour by replacing the scania single decks with double decks to.

YJ58FDV having an unusual day on the 94 today to, been a while since it was last on there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Pat

Quote from: bbs on February 01, 2022, 04:50:23 PM
well that's like the 6th or 7th time that route is getting operator change
That's how a tender works.  Whichever operator bids the lowest wins the tender/route, so nothing special about operator changes.

Justin Tyme

There's more information about the sale to/purchase by Rotala on the Route One website.  The bus business and some assets, including 18 vehicles, are included: -

https://www.route-one.net/news/rotala-agrees-to-purchase-claribel-coaches-bus-business/

It will be the end of an era.  I will remember Claribels for their smart and modern fleet, and of course for running bus services for many years - outlasting (almost?) all of their contemporaries.

Tony

Does anyone know what vehicles were actually on the 604 today? Bus times shows YX17 NYZ on there this morning, but I photographed that with Transdev late last year.

http://wmbusphotos.com/Claribels/YX17NYZ.html

Steveminor

We only have v & y, my ticketer portal dies not show any vehicle logging in as nyz

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on February 01, 2022, 08:44:46 PM
We only have v & y, my ticketer portal dies not show any vehicle logging in as nyz

It is showing on the BODS feed as both Regional vehicle finder and Bus times showing doing the 09:30 and 11:30 from Kingstanding to Hillhook

DJ

Quote from: bbs on February 01, 2022, 04:50:23 PM
well that's like the 6th or 7th time that route is getting operator change

A route being out for tender doesn't mean the operator will change. In this case, it will either way, but Diamond could retain the route if they bid for it.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BBS

Quote from: DJ on February 01, 2022, 11:15:44 PM
A route being out for tender doesn't mean the operator will change. In this case, it will either way, but Diamond could retain the route if they bid for it.
Would be very pleased to see NX get it back or possibly Landflight (Silverline)
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Westy

Do Claribels run evening & Sunday services?

Will it be the same situation in Birmingham, as it is in the Black Country,  where evening & Sundays are basically split between Nx & Diamond?

Steveminor

Claribels have only ever briefly operated one bus into the evening over a decade ago & have never operated on.a sunday

Quote from: Westy on February 02, 2022, 09:36:58 PM
Do Claribels run evening & Sunday services?

Will it be the same situation in Birmingham, as it is in the Black Country,  where evening & Sundays are basically split between Nx & Diamond?
I can't think of anything Diamond have that runs late evenings in Birmingham. Only NX and Arriva 110 runs late evenings to.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Isle of Stroma

This has just popped up on my Facebook feed, in case anyone wanted their own 'little' Claribels memento... :

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1334007293711207/

(no affiliation etc)

BBS

Spotted FDV on the 36 with the driver giving it some good thrash
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Wumpty

News link below shows a picture of a Claribels bus - COMPLETELY UNRELATED to the news story it is shown against.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/police-probe-after-teen-robbed-23006882
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Quote from: Wumpty on February 09, 2022, 11:07:04 AM
News link below shows a picture of a Claribels bus - COMPLETELY UNRELATED to the news story it is shown against.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/police-probe-after-teen-robbed-23006882
What do you mean? The bookmakers/betting shop is behind it. Just an image screenshotted from google streetview I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk