News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Extra journeys on the 16 and 50

Started by Ash, August 04, 2013, 01:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I have noticed from the 1st Sept diamond will increase the number of am and pm peak journeys on the 16 and increase the number journeys in peak hours on the 50. Are they finally putting up a bigger fight against there competitors.

Steveminor

Nah with all the work theyve lost probably got buses & drivers lying around with nothing to do

Ash

The 119 is being reduced to hourly as well now and that was my thought as well, so I guess extra buses will be going to Long Acre unless the extra buses are going to be solo's.

Steveminor

I'd bet good money on solos unless they send solos to redditch to defend the 57

Steveminor

I'm surprised @ the downfall of the 119 @ Petes we used to run 3 buses just between falcon lodge & Sutton & they were always busy, even when WMT introduced their short lived 119

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Steveminor on August 04, 2013, 04:03:55 PM
I'm surprised @ the downfall of the 119 @ Petes we used to run 3 buses just between falcon lodge & Sutton & they were always busy, even when WMT introduced their short lived 119

Too many comedy drivers on the route in latter days though, & sod all being done about the worst offender. Never have I overseen another route where I've had to confirm the accuracy of my watch so often to make sure it wasn't me!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on August 04, 2013, 04:38:33 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on August 04, 2013, 04:03:55 PM

Too many comedy drivers on the route in latter days though, & sod all being done about the worst offender. Never have I overseen another route where I've had to confirm the accuracy of my watch so often to make sure it wasn't me!

Is that early or late running?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 04, 2013, 07:59:40 PM
Is that early or late running?

Mainly the former, shockingly so in some cases.

Steveminor

Now that the 119 is hourly I fear this is probably the beginning of the end for another once profitable Rotala route.
All the ex Petes Travel routes that I helped build have been slaughtered by Dunns bafoons. If it carrys on like this the 401E isn't even safe.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Lukeee

Quote from: Steveminor on August 04, 2013, 09:45:29 PM
Now that the 119 is hourly I fear this is probably the beginning of the end for another once profitable Rotala route.
All the ex Petes Travel routes that I helped build have been slaughtered by Dunns bafoons. If it carrys on like this the 401E isn't even safe.

Unless theres a chance (slim I know) of another operator coming onto the route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk