News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Facebook

Started by Bob, July 29, 2013, 09:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Has anyone seen the arriva midlands West fb page ? People arent erm, very complimentary about them on there to say the least lol

Westy

arrivaaston

Arriva Yorkshire aren't any better on the fb page either

nx4737

Yes, it's full of stupid passengers who shouldn't be allowed to use public transport without assistance.

The amount of people on there complaining because THEY'VE misread the timetable is incredible, yet Arriva still have to be polite to them...

arrivadays

Quote from: nx4737 on July 31, 2013, 06:17:11 PM
Yes, it's full of stupid passengers who shouldn't be allowed to use public transport without assistance.

The amount of people on there complaining because THEY'VE misread the timetable is incredible, yet Arriva still have to be polite to them...

That's your cue Bob!  ;D
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Theres quite a lot of 'bus never turned ups' and arriva replying with 'due to a breakdown'... seems to be mainly cannick operated services lol

Stu

As a FB page administrator myself, I don't like how they've disabled the 'Recent posts by others' box that appears on the Timeline page.

I didn't even realise that other people could post on their timeline, until I clicked on the 'Highlights' button and selected to view 'posts by others'. Then I could see the 'full carnage' of the complaint posts!

And no surprise there are so many duplicate postings, and people complaining about their posts being deleted, because they are not immediately obvious!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Yep I noticed theyd disabled it too! A bit suss that....

nx4737

Quote from: bob on July 31, 2013, 08:13:32 PM

They haven't disabled anything, maybe they've banned you.

Bob

Ive never made any comments about their crap service.....

Bob

One guy absolutely ranted about the amount of buses not turning up and breakdowns since they took over Wardle though, he posted about 3 times cos they kept deleting it, perhaps standards are spreading to stoke.

Westy

Perhaps if they did something about the service, then the guy wouldnt keep posting!

nx4737

Quote from: bob on August 01, 2013, 07:13:43 AM
One guy absolutely ranted about the amount of buses not turning up and breakdowns since they took over Wardle though, he posted about 3 times cos they kept deleting it, perhaps standards are spreading to stoke.

They don't delete the posts, if you click show posts by others you'll see the amount of duplicate posts!

Stu

Quote from: nx4737 on August 01, 2013, 04:33:45 AM
Quote from: bob on July 31, 2013, 08:13:32 PM

They haven't disabled anything, maybe they've banned you.

What I meant, is that if you look on most Facebook pages (see mine, Network West Midlands or NX Coventry's pages for examples), on the right-hand side of the page there's a 'Recent posts by others' box, which does what it says on the tin, shows the recent posts that other users apart from the page itself have made.

I know you can click on the 'Highlights' button to select to view other posts, but this isn't immediately obvious to most people, so they will make a post, it will appear on the timeline, but if they 'refresh' the page, then their post will have 'disappeared' so their first assumption is that it has been deleted.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Gah. Listen to you lot 'facebook:' this, 'Facebook' that.. how about face palm.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk