News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

when branding was a coloured strip for each route

Started by danny, July 26, 2013, 02:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

I remember in the mid 90s the original mass branding of routes and being amazed at the infuence it had. As a young 5/6 year old it was a great way of learning routes. Ie, the 101 used to be "the green one"

Routes I remember were...

Metrobuses

1 Birmingham to accocks green (pink)

51 Birmingham to walsall (Orange)

103 Birmingham to woodgate vally north (orange brindley place)

126 Birmingham to wolves (purple)

101 Birmingham to hansworth (green)

Coleshill routes 590 blue, however, if memory serves right the strip wrapped arround the destinations rather than the top dome

900 Birmingham to coventry white

wolverhamton 512 red

Correct if wrong, think the 45/47 only ever recieved circle branding on themetros
scanias

bristol. rd routes 61/62/63/964? Red

Lynx

SWL (south west link) bearwood-kings heath white

993 red

if anyone can think of any more from the strip era or wishes to remonise, let's all chat, would be intresting to find out the motivation behind and how others responded "back in the day"
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

fleetline6477

On Metrobuses

6 Bham - Solihull / Airport - creme

On Volvo B10s

37 Bham - Solihull - yellow

260 Wolverhampton - Merry Hill - pink

529 Wolverhampton - Walsall - yellow

You must be well young! first thing I ever remember was the 'Timesavers' & 'Trackline 65'
Before anyone asks yes I did go on the Trackline 65, the trip was nothing special & the shrubs did not grow as shown in the brochure!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

danny

Lol I'm ftp://
22, think I justissed out on timesaver don't ever remember seeing one out, lol
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Stu

The only Timesaver I can ever remember seeing was the 979, I recall it used to go down Spon Lane and Smethwick High Street.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

I was born in 1999 so didn't see the timesaver network however every picture i saw on flickr of the 979 it was a standard metrobus so did the 979 use Timesaver DP mettobuses?

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 27, 2013, 12:16:11 PM
I was born in 1999 so didn't see the timesaver network however every picture i saw on flickr of the 979 it was a standard metrobus so did the 979 use Timesaver DP mettobuses?

Yes for the first few years then it got changed to DP Lynx 1261-5

Liverpool Street

Bristol road was red roof top, and Pershore was green. Along with circles as previously mentioned.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 27, 2013, 11:22:16 PM
Bristol road was red roof top, and Pershore was green. Along with circles as previously mentioned.

Prior to the Jubilee Line Trident branding, I only recall the H---LOM Scanias with Bristol Road branding. If I recall correctly this consisted of red circles either side of te destination display, and a diagonal strip below the lower saloon windows listing places served, in the style of the first 1, 101 etc branding. I don't remember them having red roof tops, unless other vehicles had this?

John

Quote from: Mike K on July 28, 2013, 08:56:08 AM

Prior to the Jubilee Line Trident branding, I only recall the H---LOM Scanias with Bristol Road branding. If I recall correctly this consisted of red circles either side of te destination display, and a diagonal strip below the lower saloon windows listing places served, in the style of the first 1, 101 etc branding. I don't remember them having red roof tops, unless other vehicles had this?

Thats right, see 3204 here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/5934254510/

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on July 28, 2013, 08:59:33 AM
Quote from: Mike K on July 28, 2013, 08:56:08 AM

Thats right, see 3204 here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/5934254510/

Sorry, yes that is correct. I was getting my wires crossed with the 900! They're both red haha.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Mike K

What was the very first route branding the company came up with? I seem to remember, before the coloured stripe branding, some Mk2 WA Metros had route branding, where advertisements would normally go, for route 341. That was back in the days of the cream and blue livery.

Also in the days of cream and blue, when the 900 had just replaced the 159 and ran Halesowen to Coventry (pre Hasbury extension), some LS (BC) Mk2 Metros carried black and yellow 900 'route branding' adverts.

Anyone got any pictures of either of these?

Mike K

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on July 28, 2013, 01:39:28 PM
Ah, Mr lynx1103, if he and WMT2944 are the same person, has a picture of the 341 branding:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59615439@N03/8967327979/in/pool-1742655@N20

Sums up life perfectly, this history on that Metrobus.

*all this life and then*
Sold For Scrap

:(
until it cought fire

Niall

A couple of questions out of curiosity, when was the first Hagley Road/9 branding? I don't think I've seen anything before the purple circles. Also, with the many timesaver liveries, were they just changes made over time or were they all around at the same time, like a different livery for each route or something similar?
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk