News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

It shouldn't be difficult to find. Just look for a group of veg waiting eagerly for the shuttle bus. 😂

ARBB

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 11, 2017, 10:16:24 PM
Will the other bus operating the shuttle be a Streetdeck or something more of a novelty.

Could someone please clarify where exactly the Dudley shuttle will depart from ? I ask because I'm not knowledgeable on that side of the county.

Both shuttle buses will be Wolverhampton based buses. 

Westy

Is there nothing spare at Pensnett to run the shuttles?

By the way, if you miss the shuttle & have a bus pass, whats the alternative way of getting there & where do you get off?

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Westy on August 11, 2017, 11:39:01 PM
Is there nothing spare at Pensnett to run the shuttles?

By the way, if you miss the shuttle & have a bus pass, whats the alternative way of getting there & where do you get off?

You could just get the 205 which stop directly outside the Trading Estate PN is based within. It's a 5 minute walk from the entrance.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Westy

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 12, 2017, 12:23:30 AM
You could just get the 205 which stop directly outside the Trading Estate PN is based within. It's a 5 minute walk from the entrance.

Not too familiar with that area. Only know how to get to Russells Hall Hospital.

Ironically in my day job, I do deal with another company on the estate, Jjx Logistics!

I gather theres a cake stall but is there a burger van?

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Westy on August 12, 2017, 07:35:17 AM
Not too familiar with that area. Only know how to get to Russells Hall Hospital.

Ironically in my day job, I do deal with another company on the estate, Jjx Logistics!

I gather theres a cake stall but is there a burger van?

You could just stay on the 205 after the hospital. Theirs a BP Garage and a McDonalds Outside the Trading Estate, you could use them as points of remembrance as to when to alight.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

CL

Got into Dudley around 9:25 - walked round to Castle Street and saw a branded BC Hybrid heading into Dudley ??? Possible exhibit?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Westy

Wish the bloody kids would stop beeping the bloody horns!

Someone even managed to find the radio on one vehicle & I can hear tickets being issued as well!

Also noticed the depot is opposite Jjx Logistics as per my previous post!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on August 12, 2017, 01:52:15 PM
Wish the bloody kids would stop beeping the bloody horns!

Someone even managed to find the radio on one vehicle & I can hear tickets being issued as well!

Also noticed the depot is opposite Jjx Logistics as per my previous post!

Yes, talk about kids with a new toy! Would also like to know who managed to start up one of the deckers on display while i was there. Also some people got off one bus with newly issued daysavers!!

Anyway could only stop an hour and a half but thoroughly enjoyed myself. greeted when i arrived with the site of 6600 and a selection of other vintage buses, had a good look around and then went round the one corner and omg, there it was, The Cup Cake Stall mmmmm.

Came away with a DVD, selection of cup cakes and an NE mug and pens.

Thanks to the organising committee for an enjoyable experience.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Just waiting for the shuttle back to Dudley now!

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 12, 2017, 02:17:41 PM
Yes, talk about kids with a new toy! Would also like to know who managed to start up one of the deckers on display while i was there. Also some people got off one bus with newly issued daysavers!!

Anyway could only stop an hour and a half but thoroughly enjoyed myself. greeted when i arrived with the site of 6600 and a selection of other vintage buses, had a good look around and then went round the one corner and omg, there it was, The Cup Cake Stall mmmmm.

Came away with a DVD, selection of cup cakes and an NE mug and pens.

Thanks to the organising committee for an enjoyable experience.
wouldnt be daysavers  they would be test tickets that's all it says on them test tickets

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on August 12, 2017, 03:01:53 PM
wouldnt be daysavers  they would be test tickets that's all it says on them test tickets

That's ok then, they just looked the length of a daysaver!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

@karl724223 would be nice to know how much was raised for the charity at the end of the day, certainly the bus wash rides were going well when I was there.

sonic84

Had a fantastic couple of hours there today! Really enjoyed myself and hope there will be another one soon

CL

I'd have to admit, I have thoroughly enjoyed my day at Pensnett; certainly beats last year's by a long shot, imo. At least the weather held up! :P

I'm truly impressed with the organisation put into this; despite a few mishaps which occurred throughout the day, but I'm sure the actual event more than made up for them.  On the contrary, I agree with Westy, though, the horns were getting a tad annoying. I didn't help that there was an ORCHESTRA of buses doing it all at the same time. (with the odd bandit alarm thrown into the mix). Of course with any of these events, I always feel a sense of regret as to what else I could've explored. Looking back at my camera roll, I have a copious amount of photos of odd displays on 5514 (including the 16 and 101 that yours truly had set ;) ) - as well a minimal amount of other buses, (sadly) excluding the preserved ones near the back of the yard.

(TL;DR) Overall, I absolutely enjoyed myself, to say the least! Ilm glad I'm not the only one who's hoping for a next open day.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk