News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Tony on July 28, 2013, 04:31:27 PM
Quote from: Kevin on July 28, 2013, 04:25:04 PM
Love the way that no one's voted for YW (or indeed Yarlwood), they seem to be the only garage I've heard of doing anything community wise

Everyone will get a chance to visit YW & AG when they have their open day in October
Any further details? Please please don't tell me they will clash  :o
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Ashley 4569

The YW and AG open days are on the same day with shuttle buses provided

nitromatt1

I voted for Pensnett as it's my local garage, Wolverhampton as it's Nath's local garage and he recommends it to me, and Walsall because of the large variety of buses there

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on July 28, 2013, 04:31:27 PM
Quote from: Kevin on July 28, 2013, 04:25:04 PM
Love the way that no one's voted for YW (or indeed Yarlwood), they seem to be the only garage I've heard of doing anything community wise

Everyone will get a chance to visit YW & AG when they have their open day in October

Should have rephrased.... I'm crap at typing sometimes, I never read what I put...
What I meant was that I'm not surprised, as YW actually do open up occasionally
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MW

I've been to all of the depots a few years ago :)

Well,

AG, BC, YW, PB, WA, LH, BY, CV, WB, PE. Not been to WN though.

I even drove an ALX400 at PB when nobody was watching haha.

Gareth

If you really did that, then it's people like you who give enthusiasts a bad name and why companies are reluctant to give depot visits! What a prat!

winston

Quote from: Gareth on August 01, 2013, 01:31:05 PM
If you really did that, then it's people like you who give enthusiasts a bad name and why companies are reluctant to give depot visits! What a prat!

Gareth couldn't have put it better myself......  ;)

MW

Nope you are incorrect and so is Winston. It was years ago, I was 14 (18 now). I wasn't caught on the bright side, so not "people like me."

A prat is the person who robbed the pre delivery paperwork out of the Coventry Scanias when they were new at Walsall, which is why Walsall deny access to the depot now.

winston

Quote from: Michael on August 03, 2013, 05:30:20 AM

Nope you are incorrect and so is Winston. It was years ago, I was 14 (18 now). I wasn't caught on the bright side, so not "people like me."

A prat is the person who robbed the pre delivery paperwork out of the Coventry Scanias when they were new at Walsall, which is why Walsall deny access to the depot now.

Idiot then! you basically took a vehicle without concent whether or not it actually left the gates at the age of 14 without any form of driving licence which is a criminal offense. What would have happened if you had lost control of the bus you took?

nitromatt1

You were risking every chance you ever had of driving buses as a profession in the future, if you'd been caught you would most likely never be allowed in a cab again

The Real 4778

"On the bright side, I wasn't caught"

That missing paperwork could've done immense damage if it had run someone over, couldn't it?

When's your next appearance on the Jeremy Kyle Show, Einstein?
Don't you start.

PM

Why is that thinking on the bright side????? It would have served you right if u had been. Tbf if u did it as a stupid action which ur sorry for then fair enough, but if u think posting it on here so it is read by NX management is a good idea and constitutes gloating then think again mate because it just gives us all a bad name. Tbf tho the fact that you chose a b7/alx400 makes me loose even more respect for you as theyre horrid  :P Seriously tho stupid thing to do

MW

Whoa eveeyones throwing a massive tantrum. I do understand why it's wrong and what not, I've had plenty of time to work that one out.

Oh and FYI I only moved around 10 yards. I was more interested in the Hanover.

Trident 4609

What i don't get is how you were allowed to be unsupervised as i had a garage visit (I'm 14) and i had a member of staff present for the whole duration of it.

Sh4318

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 03, 2013, 10:33:08 AM

Tbf tho the fact that you chose a b7/alx400 makes me loose even more respect for you as theyre horrid  :P Seriously tho stupid thing to do

I disagree with you about the ALX 400 comment, but it was a stupid thing to do  ;)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk