News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I only say that because the 90/70 & 97  inc 55 (being at BY) have all seem to have better treatment since leaving LH. Personal opinion.

trident4370

The 17 hasn't done too badly either ;)

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 01, 2014, 09:44:48 PM
I only say that because the 90/70 & 97  inc 55 (being at BY) have all seem to have better treatment since leaving LH. Personal opinion.

The 70/90 gets 41xx tridents in general, older than what LH used to use. The 97 has buses 3 years older than those that LH had branded for it!

CL

@monkeyjoe Well, Bordesley Green is made up of only Omnilinks, since their merc days were over... Are the Omnilinks at BY all from PB? Just to be sure...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: clayderman on June 01, 2014, 10:33:08 PM
@monkeyjoe Well, Bordesley Green is made up of only Omnilinks, since their merc days were over... Are the Omnilinks at BY all from PB? Just to be sure...

No, Bordesley have all of Lea Halls former allocation, and most of Perry Barr's original allocation of '57' OmniLinks

monkeyjoe

Well in my "personal" view the tridents seem in better nick than the ALX400's from PB. The 97 has received branding on vehicles that were originally 94 branded. In terms of what the 94 could have allocated it always seems to get what is on the bottom of PBs shoes compared to other services out of that depot.

Moan over until the next time, I'm bored. 

winston

Quote from: John on June 01, 2014, 10:34:37 PM
Quote from: clayderman on June 01, 2014, 10:33:08 PM

No, Bordesley have all of Lea Halls former allocation, and most of Perry Barr's original allocation of '57' OmniLinks

Although BY has all the 57 plate Omnilinks that were new to LH, they actually came to BY from BC.

Sh4318

@monkeyjoe I agree that the 94 should probably receive an upgrade, but there are several other routes just as frequent, and some more frequent that deserve upgrades, and are probably higher up the pecking order than the 94 for an upgrade. The Outer Circle springs to mind. If you look at the routes that PB operate, the 7, 16, 65 and 101 are all high frequency routes but receive the same allocation, I wouldn't say the 94 gets a raw deal, it just gets the standard double deckers that most of the other routes receive, but that's just my opinion
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

andy

Quote from: Tony on June 01, 2014, 09:49:54 PM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 01, 2014, 09:44:48 PM

The 70/90 gets 41xx tridents in general, older than what LH used to use. The 97 has buses 3 years older than those that LH had branded for it!

Quite. I wouldn't hold the 97 up as a corridor to envy, they basically picked their tattiest, pinkest Tridents and stuck tacky plane vinyls on them.

Incidentally, I travelled on the 907 twice yesterday as my car was in for service. 4779 first, I sat next to the engine compartment where I could have fried my breakfast. While these buses now look extremely smart from the outside, I do find the standard of the NX refurbs very disappointing on the interior. These vehicles now look extremely odd, with blue floors, blue seatbacks and grey trim, worsened by the tinted window removing light which would otherwise balance up the mismatch. Why not fit new seatbacks at least? The window sills and interior coving were all absolutely filthy. Secondly, the engine compartment casing was rattling and vibrating just as badly as ever. 4778 next which absolutely reaked of deisel and was the same as 4779 in every other respect.

Why do NX struggle so much to keep these vehicles in the same excellent condition as B&H manage to? They have the potential to be such a great bus.

Liverpool Street

@andy - I agree with you with the poorer standard of interior refurbs. Certain refurbished Tridents look stunning from the outside, as-new condition, but the interiors really let them down. I've noticed the cab's aren't touched at all with missing switches and badly fitted dials. Very Volvo Ailsa-esque.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

In terms of Perry Barr service I think the 16 & 94 are much more up the pecking order than say the 7 & 101 etc. As they have competition which in certain cases better standard of vehicles and are main artery routes into the CC vs 101 & 7 etc.

Liberator9

It is odd to have the grey trim with the blue seat backs; looks rather out of place. NX should have repainted the seat backs grey; otherwise it would be better to have just continued to use the TWM covers used in 2007 onwards than use the grey trim with blue seat backs. Rode 1833 today which was refurbed in 2012 and actually the interior looked better with the blue seat backs and Blue TWM covers than Omnilinks refurbished afterwards. The grey trim also shows up wear and tear pretty quickly; the grey trim"fades" such as on the 10 reg YW/AG Omnilinks. The TWM trim used in the 07 enviros still looks fine and not worn down. On a positive note though most of NX garages maintain the buses very well; for example YW's 57 reg Enviros (and the ex PB ones) are still in good condition and kept clean and sounding healthy, as are the Scanias. The Route 50 Enviros could do with a repaint now though!

monkeyjoe

Just curious when PB took over the 28 is that when it converted to singles or was it later than that.

John

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 04, 2014, 09:26:15 PM
Just curious when PB took over the 28 is that when it converted to singles or was it later than that.

It was converted to single decker (B10B) operation in 2007 when the 28 was re-routed in Erdington from South Road, to Summer Road, under the low train bridge. Before that since the route came to Perry Barr, it was Metrobus operated, with a few rare workings of low floor deckers (there is a picture of 4108 on there on Tony's site, and I'm sure I've seen a pic of a Gemini on there)

Lukeee

Quote from: John on June 04, 2014, 09:30:08 PM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 04, 2014, 09:26:15 PM

It was converted to single decker (B10B) operation in 2007 when the 28 was re-routed in Erdington from South Road, to Summer Road, under the low train bridge. Before that since the route came to Perry Barr, it was Metrobus operated, with a few rare workings of low floor deckers (there is a picture of 4108 on there on Tony's site, and I'm sure I've seen a pic of a Gemini on there)

I did ride a Gemini on there shortly before the B10B invasion, but usually to get anything other than a Metrobus was pretty rare.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk