News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

6146 is out on the 33 today still branded for the Outer Circle

BBS

@Tony when will 6146 be unbranded
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

The Fox 4846

6798 has been broken down at the Wellhead Lane stop towards Birmingham and has just been picked up by RS. Surely this wins the award for shortest recovery as it only needs to go round the island and up wellhead Lane.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

samuel derrington

A bus spotter told me the 71 and 96 are going to Acocks green from 4th July does anyone know if this is true or just a rumour please

Stu

Quote from: samuel derrington on June 26, 2021, 03:57:21 PM
A bus spotter told me the 71 and 96 are going to Acocks green from 4th July does anyone know if this is true or just a rumour please

I would hazard a strong guess that it is not true. I doubt AG has the capacity for starters, I don't know exactly what the PVRs of these routes are, plus there would be a lot more dead mileage involved.

Depends on who told you really, seems we have a few jokers out there spreading fake rumours.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 26, 2021, 06:36:54 PM
I would hazard a strong guess that it is not true. I doubt AG has the capacity for starters, I don't know exactly what the PVRs of these routes are, plus there would be a lot more dead mileage involved.

Depends on who told you really, seems we have a few jokers out there spreading fake rumours.

You are correct Stu. AG is exactly on parking capacity. I can't put another single bus in there without removing any. I really wonder where some of these rumours originate.

Jack

Quote from: Tony on June 26, 2021, 07:43:31 PM
You are correct Stu. AG is exactly on parking capacity. I can't put another single bus in there without removing any. I really wonder where some of these rumours originate.
Aren't a few more 61** meant to move to PB? 4500 hasn't been replaced... and 4501/2 will be going soon I assume.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on June 26, 2021, 07:56:26 PM
Aren't a few more 61** meant to move to PB? 4500 hasn't been replaced... and 4501/2 will be going soon I assume.

Why?

I allocate the fleet as required not move buses 1 for 1 . The Outer Circle needs more buses with the timetable change

Jack

Quote from: Tony on June 26, 2021, 08:51:26 PM
Why?

I allocate the fleet as required not move buses 1 for 1 . The Outer Circle needs more buses with the timetable change
Because PB seem short of Deckers? Omnilinks are re-appearing on the 7, 16 and 33 as well as the 65/67, 94's and 907's at times on the weekdays...

I thought 6143/4/5 would come in exchange for 4500/1/2... considering 6144 has been debranded.

Quote from: Jack on June 26, 2021, 08:56:37 PM
Because PB seem short of Deckers? Omnilinks are re-appearing on the 7, 16 and 33 as well as the 65/67, 94's and 907's at times on the weekdays...
I don't think they've used a single omnilink on the 94 in the last week actually, which is good. So they make irregular appearances, only when there is a shortage of avaialble buses I guess.
The last one I can remember on there is 1811 on Tuesday 15th June, 11 days ago.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on June 26, 2021, 09:00:04 PM
I don't think they've used a single omnilink on the 94 in the last week actually. So they make irregular appearances, only when there is a shortage of avaialble buses I guess.
The last one I can remember on there is 1811 on Tuesday 15th June, 11 days ago.
Hence why I said 'at times'. But they've pretty much been on the 7 and 16 lots this last week with a few having the odd day on the 33... as well as one going onto the 65/67...

Tony

Quote from: Jack on June 26, 2021, 08:56:37 PM

I thought 6143/4/5 would come in exchange for 4500/1/2... considering 6144 has been debranded.

PB are not short of deckers. They have the number they require for PVR plus the required number of spares. AG need unbranded Euro 6 doubles too for odd journies on the 4

BBS

Quote from: Tony on June 26, 2021, 09:42:44 PM
PB are not short of deckers. They have the number they require for PVR plus the required number of spares. AG need unbranded Euro 6 doubles too for odd journies on the 4
Yes the 4 has been very late today not showing up and when the bus came it was full. 11 brandeds only a few of them the rest were omni links and E200mmc which were completly full and had to wait and wait for a available bus to go on. Its just annoying
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

Quote from: bbs on June 27, 2021, 12:12:00 AM
Yes the 4 has been very late today not showing up and when the bus came it was full. 11 brandeds only a few of them the rest were omni links and E200mmc which were completly full and had to wait and wait for a available bus to go on. Its just annoying
The 4 had more 61** than Single Deckers on today. The bus I caught (6130) was on time and arrived in the City a few minutes early... I'm not sure what the 4A had on it, but there was more Deckers than Singles on the 4 today...

Think you're exaggerating a little, the main reason for the traffic was the installation of traffic lights at the Battery Way junction but those are all in operation now so no temporary lights are there, the only place there was a slight build up of traffic was joining the Stratford Road which was fairly busy but this could of been for the Eid shoppers, as well as an Pedestrian V Car further up by Formans Road which was having an affect on the 6 as it was closed for most of the day, the 4's seemed completely fine though...

MW

Quote from: Jack on June 27, 2021, 12:18:35 AM
The 4 had more 61** than Single Deckers on today. The bus I caught (6130) was on time and arrived in the City a few minutes early... I'm not sure what the 4A had on it, but there was more Deckers than Singles on the 4 today...

Think you're exaggerating a little, the main reason for the traffic was the installation of traffic lights at the Battery Way junction but those are all in operation now so no temporary lights are there, the only place there was a slight build up of traffic was joining the Stratford Road which was fairly busy but this could of been for the Eid shoppers, as well as an Pedestrian V Car further up by Formans Road which was having an affect on the 6 as it was closed for most of the day, the 4's seemed completely fine though...

Eid shoppers?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk