News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: dingding on April 11, 2018, 09:19:17 PM
How long has Perry Beeches been in the Black Country?
Never - NX assume it's in the Black Country.

DJ

Quote from: Jack on April 11, 2018, 10:48:47 PM

Can anyone even agree on what is and isn't the Black Country, though?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

j789

Quote from: Jack on April 11, 2018, 10:48:47 PM

Part of Perry Beeches comes under Sandwell and that would be classed as Black Country.

Jack

Quote from: j789 on April 12, 2018, 10:01:36 PM
Part of Perry Beeches comes under Sandwell and that would be classed as Black Country.
Perry Beeches is an estate, in Great Barr. Perry Beeches is under Birmingham. Great Barr is shared between Walsall, Birmingham and Sandwell. We aren't Sandwell!

RW

Quote from: j789 on April 12, 2018, 10:01:36 PM
Oh dear. Try telling any of the residents of Perry Beeches that they live in the Black Country! Do you actually know where PB is?

Jack

Quote from: RW on April 12, 2018, 10:41:09 PM
Oh dear. Try telling any of the residents of Perry Beeches that they live in the Black Country! Do you actually know where PB is?
They wouldn't be happy at all!

j789

Quote from: Jack on April 12, 2018, 10:21:49 PM
Perry Beeches is an estate, in Great Barr. Perry Beeches is under Birmingham. Great Barr is shared between Walsall, Birmingham and Sandwell. We aren't Sandwell!
Quote from: RW on April 12, 2018, 10:41:09 PM

It was Great Barr that I was thinking of being partly in Sandwell so was incorrect there. However it is very close to what could be classed as the Black Country so understandable why nxwm classed it as such, particularly as the 52 route has obvious links and similarities to the 51 which does obviously run through the BC and may well be used as an onward service by people living in those areas because of its proximity.

Jack

Quote from: j789 on April 13, 2018, 12:27:33 AM
It was Great Barr that I was thinking of being partly in Sandwell so was incorrect there. However it is very close to what could be classed as the Black Country so understandable why nxwm classed it as such, particularly as the 52 route has obvious links and similarities to the 51 which does obviously run through the BC and may well be used as an onward service by people living in those areas because of its proximity.
Perry Beeches is still not classed as the Black Country!!! Whether it's close or not to boundary with Sandwell, it's not Black Country. You really should to say this people who live in Perry Beeches and see the outcome.

Mike K

Quote from: Jack on April 13, 2018, 10:46:37 AM
Perry Beeches is still not classed as the Black Country!!! Whether it's close or not to boundary with Sandwell, it's not Black Country. You really should to say this people who live in Perry Beeches and see the outcome.

He's acknowledged that it isn't in the Black Country so that's the end of the matter. Calm down dear.

Jack

Quote from: Mike K on April 13, 2018, 02:23:49 PM
He's acknowledged that it isn't in the Black Country so that's the end of the matter. Calm down dear.
Sure thing sweetheart.

Anyway, some of the flags around the Perry Beeches have been changed and are saying 952 now, the timetables have been changed at the stops with new flags.

A lot of people aren't happy about the changes though. Most are from 52 users is that buses will be going back to serving Turnberry Road and Booths Farm Road as it takes a long and adds five minutes onto the journey. They'd rather is stay going straight up Beeches Road to Walsall Road. Also people who use the 52A aren't happy that the buses won't turn left onto Turnberry Road and will now have to do a twenty minute wait at Hassop Road while the driver is having a layover. A good few people I've spoke too have already complained.

Personally I'm not thrilled about this either.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on April 13, 2018, 02:42:51 PM
Sure thing sweetheart.

Anyway, some of the flags around the Perry Beeches have been changed and are saying 952 now, the timetables have been changed at the stops with new flags.

A lot of people aren't happy about the changes though. Most are from 52 users is that buses will be going back to serving Turnberry Road and Booths Farm Road as it takes a long and adds five minutes onto the journey. They'd rather is stay going straight up Beeches Road to Walsall Road. Also people who use the 52A aren't happy that the buses won't turn left onto Turnberry Road and will now have to do a twenty minute wait at Hassop Road while the driver is having a layover. A good few people I've spoke too have already complained.

Personally I'm not thrilled about this either.

What's 5 min to the average person?? Hope you speak to those people better than you do on this forum

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 13, 2018, 02:59:29 PM
What's 5 min to the average person?? Hope you speak to those people better than you do on this forum
I just asked a few people and some liked it and some didn't. But everyone will get use to it, it took time for people to get use to the change from the 952 to 52/A.

People don't like wasting 'valuable' time. That's the response I got from both 52 and 52A users. (Hopefully it doesn't make it into the Great Barr observer like last time!)

Kevin

Would this be the same Perry Beeches lot that previously complained they were having their link across the estate cut when it was split into 52/52A?
Never gonna please everyone, no point trying

For what it's worth my personal opinion is completely scrap it and make better use of Booths Farm with a service from One Stop to Scott Arms via the estate and Calshot Road, but opinions are irrelevant
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on April 13, 2018, 05:57:42 PM
Would this be the same Perry Beeches lot that previously complained they were having their link across the estate cut when it was split into 52/52A?
Never gonna please everyone, no point trying

For what it's worth my personal opinion is completely scrap it and make better use of Booths Farm with a service from One Stop to Scott Arms via the estate and Calshot Road, but opinions are irrelevant
Not sure if it's the same people, but a good few people aren't pleased.

I agree with your opinion for the 52A. I would extend the 52 to Old Oscott so it goes somewhere where it will probably pick up a few more people. I'm sure you'll agree with me that the Perry Beeches end on of the routes are completely dead. The 52A especially.

Jack

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk