News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: RW on March 03, 2017, 02:15:57 AM
And what might that 'change' be? Don't even think funding issues!

Any number of things......

1. 2017 vehicle deliveries put back to second half of the year
2. Change of buying policy - Wrightbus are said to be supplying 10 x Wright HEV96 gyro-drive buses - not seen any confirmation since funding was announced
3. Reduction in quantity of new buses on order
4. Production slots missed or unavailable now for deliveries prior to May

As a side note, operating profits at UK Bus fell from £37.5 to £35.5 Million between 2015 & 206 despite growth & all the new fleet investment

don

Some others to add to the list:-

1) Results from recent comparative testing of vehicles, some of which have visited MIRA recently (including Streetdecks).
2) The increase in fuel prices (up 15 - 20% in around 12 months). Operators have recently been reporting difficult times, no doubt also fuelled by Government funding cuts to Local Authorities.
3) Potential Policy changes at TfWM regarding franchising.
4) The recent viewing of a fully Reg compliant minibus, including at Pensnett reflects also Stagecoach's inititiative in Ashford where these have been introduced on high frequency across all town services. Harks back to the dark days of a similar Government in the late 80s when I had such grossly overcrowded, uncomfortable and inappropriate vehicles inflicted on me as a passenger in Torbay. You could wait in the wind and rain for the next, and the next if you were so inclined as they were quite frequent. However the epitome of lack of customer service.

That said, the new version may be ok on routes like the replacement for the 99 through Welsh Mouse Farm. What would they do with the E200s though??!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on March 03, 2017, 10:23:36 AM
Some others to add to the list:-

1) Results from recent comparative testing of vehicles, some of which have visited MIRA recently (including Streetdecks).
2) The increase in fuel prices (up 15 - 20% in around 12 months). Operators have recently been reporting difficult times, no doubt also fuelled by Government funding cuts to Local Authorities.
3) Potential Policy changes at TfWM regarding franchising.
4) The recent viewing of a fully Reg compliant minibus, including at Pensnett reflects also Stagecoach's inititiative in Ashford where these have been introduced on high frequency across all town services. Harks back to the dark days of a similar Government in the late 80s when I had such grossly overcrowded vehicles, uncomfortable and inappropriate vehicles inflicted on me as a passenger in Torbay. That said, the new version may be ok on routes like the replacement for the 99 through Welsh Mouse Farm. What would they do with the E200s though??!

Fuel prices won't be an issue for the next couple of years, quite the opposite in fact. NX Group & other big fuel users hedge their requirements years in advance at a fixed price, the fuel NX Group have hedged for the 2017 & 2018 will actually have a postive impact on earnings as it will be cheaper than prior years, as the hedges were taken out at the time when Crude Oil prices fell to all time lows. Rotala will also benefit from having hedged during this period for the next 2 years at least.

Stuharris 6360

I wonder how much it costs to fit traps, ad blue fillers and other requirements to make a bus euro VI compatable and does it affet the book value of the bus significantly?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

The Real 4778

Was that 4478 I saw stranded on the apex of the Chester Road North/ Banners Gate Road junction for a time last night, having run aground whilst working the 377? 

My other half rang me from the traffic chaos about 6.30, and the policeman had arrived to scratch his head shortly after 7.45pm - helpfully leaving his Insignia even further into the traffic light intersection, whilst near-misses were happening all around him!
Don't you start.

John

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 08, 2017, 08:40:44 AM
Was that 4478 I saw stranded on the apex of the Chester Road North/ Banners Gate Road junction for a time last night, having run aground whilst working the 377? 

My other half rang me from the traffic chaos about 6.30, and the policeman had arrived to scratch his head shortly after 7.45pm - helpfully leaving his Insignia even further into the traffic light intersection, whilst near-misses were happening all around him!

Yes, just seen a picture of it on Facebook. Apparently the fuel pump gave up

GeminiFan1991

@Westy I'd say short E200s are noteworthy as I believe, its allocated deckers.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Michael Bevan

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on March 11, 2017, 10:48:25 PM
@Westy I'd say short E200s are noteworthy as I believe, its allocated deckers.

@GeminiFan1991 @Westy Enviro 200 Mini's are allocated on the 77 on a Saturday. 761 and 764 were both on there today.

monkeyjoe

Wasn't the 377 one of Centro's "Prime" lines of what ever they called them back in the early oo's. How things have changed.

MW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 12, 2017, 11:13:50 PM
Wasn't the 377 one of Centro's "Prime" lines of what ever they called them back in the early oo's. How things have changed.

Refurbished B10Ls back in 2007? Toothpaste livery. Same as the 1 & 451, which had refurbished Plaxtons.

Kevin

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 12, 2017, 11:13:50 PM

Is kinda irrelevant now, because it isn't the sole service along the route, 935 Walsall to Streetly which from memory is the busier section of the route
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

4239(?) vs. 4695 on the 101 within 2 minutes of each other. Both arrived on Colmore Row in said order. Won't lie, a fair bit sad that I had to choose between them both for my ride home.

Edit: For anyone who's interested, I chose 4695. Why? Repainted/refurbed bus, same chassis, ZF gearbox.. Why not? 😂 Also, haven't crossed all the ex-Cov Geminis from my list. So far, I believe I've done 4690, 4691 and 4695 already, but oh well.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Michael Bevan

Quote from: clayderman on March 22, 2017, 04:41:11 PM
4239(?) vs. 4695 on the 101 within 2 minutes of each other. Both arrived on Colmore Row in said order. Won't lie, a fair bit sad that I had to choose between them both for my ride home.

Edit: For anyone who's interested, I chose 4695. Why? Repainted/refurbed bus, same chassis, ZF gearbox.. Why not? 😂 Also, haven't crossed all the ex-Cov Geminis from my list. So far, I believe I've done 4690, 4691 and 4695 already, but oh well.

It's a Voith gearbox actually like 4239. The ex Coventry Gemini's are the only Gemini's in NX to have Voith gearboxes.

CL

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 22, 2017, 05:03:15 PM
It's a Voith gearbox actually like 4239. The ex Coventry Gemini's are the only Gemini's in NX to have Voith gearboxes.
Whoops; took a gamble, but I knew it was different (hence the mention) :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Nxwm

I'm hearing that the 94 is going platinum any truth in this???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk