News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jc

City around 0845ish give or take ... though you worked at NX? Remember seeing you at Walsall when I was there

Michael Bevan

Quote from: jc on March 01, 2017, 09:42:20 AM
City around 0845ish give or take ... though you worked at NX? Remember seeing you at Walsall when I was there

No I'm not at NX any more. Plus Perry Barr is a different garage anyway. So I wouldn't know anyway.

Tony

4283 now back at PB in a fresh coat of red/white; 4277 at Walsall for tidying up

Michael Bevan

6799 has now been swapped for 4482.

Lukeee

Quote from: Tony on March 01, 2017, 11:42:11 AM
4283 now back at PB in a fresh coat of red/white; 4277 at Walsall for tidying up

Good to see the ex sutton lines ALX400 finally getting some TLC, these were looking a state before due to been early repaints for red and white. Do you know if the interiors are getting a retrim also?

John

Quote from: Lukeee on March 01, 2017, 10:59:07 PM
Good to see the ex sutton lines ALX400 finally getting some TLC, these were looking a state before due to been early repaints for red and white. Do you know if the interiors are getting a retrim also?

No they're not

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Quote from: John on March 02, 2017, 11:00:31 AM
No they're not
The seats are really tired in the earlier repaints. A shame.

Lukeee

winston

Quote from: Lukeee on March 02, 2017, 11:36:29 PM
That's a shame

Anything under 4425 was never planned to receive any form of repaint or refurbishment due to having limited service lives left within NX & the multiyear order for new buses placed with ADL. Only Crimson refurbs were originally meant to be receiving the Euro 6 upgrades to comply with the new emission rules coming in to force from May, now that non refurbished B7TL/ALX400's are receiving the Euro 6 upgrade to meet the new emission restrictions and there's been plenty of advanced warning, it suggests something has changed with new deliveries that were planned for the 2017.

RW

Quote from: Winston on March 02, 2017, 11:44:33 PM
Anything under 4425 was never planned to receive any form of repaint or refurbishment due to having limited service lives left within NX & the multiyear order for new buses placed with ADL. Only Crimson refurbs were originally meant to be receiving the Euro 6 upgrades to comply with the new emission rules coming in to force from May, now that non refurbished B7TL/ALX400's are receiving the Euro 6 upgrade to meet the new emission restrictions and there's been plenty of advanced warning, it suggests something has changed with new deliveries that were planned for the 2017.

And what might that 'change' be? Don't even think funding issues!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: RW on March 03, 2017, 02:15:57 AM

I'm also curious here. It might not be funding but seeing as the B7TL ALX400 were next in line to go (After the Y Reg Tridents), them attaining traps suggests for the near future at least, they're staying. If they didn't get the traps, then NX's order for this year could exceed 150 vehicles (Loose estimate) including spares so by adding traps to some earlier buses, it allows them bring in new buses at easier pace or plan ahead.
Resale value will increase. Their lack of refurbishment might hinder that although some Presidents looked a right scrap and their going seemingly well so you never know.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

John

Both recent ALX400 repaints 4283 and 4287 are both on the 65 if anyone needs them

Tony

Quote from: John on March 03, 2017, 09:39:52 AM
Both recent ALX400 repaints 4283 and 4287 are both on the 65 if anyone needs them

4507 has gone for refurb, replacing 4479

pb2012

Quote from: RW on March 03, 2017, 02:15:57 AM
Time? manufacturers probably can't deliver amount required in the specific time nx need to meet the euro reg's in may hence the traps being fitted to older vehicles? Is one possibility.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk