News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

As I expected, 2 out of the 3 X14s today were generic Platinum branded MMCs, so hopefully now the branding is complete for the Sutton Lines, they will stick to these routes and not stray onto the X14.

One Idea I had was to add a red line to the map on the side of the buses for the 914 (seperating it from the other 3), and mark 'Kingsbury Road' and 'Walmley' as points on it, and have it join the X4 line at Falcon Lodge and into Sutton. The Kingsbury Road is still Erdington, and this means that the branded buses could be used on all of the routes

Is there any reason why the X14 was not branded?

CL

4927/4929 spending a day on the 16.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on December 04, 2016, 04:25:41 PM
4927/4929 spending a day on the 16.

Perry Barr Enviro 400s on a Perry Barr Enviro 400 route?

CL

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2016, 04:29:44 PM
Perry Barr Enviro 400s on a Perry Barr Enviro 400 route?
I was under the assumption that the 63 plate E400s have their days numbered at PB? ??? I suppose this isn't the case then?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: clayderman on December 04, 2016, 05:19:10 PM
I was under the assumption that the 63 plate E400s have their days numbered at PB? ??? I suppose this isn't the case then?

Yes they will be going eventually. I think 4926-9 are staying at the minute as paint floats for the Geminis

Gareth

Having seen the branding for X3/4/5, can we please not have a million and one posts for when one appears on the X14!

B.C Driver

Quote from: Gareth on December 04, 2016, 06:54:36 PM
Having seen the branding for X3/4/5, can we please not have a million and one posts for when one appears on the X14!

Or the 907
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Solo1

Which service will get the  red gemmi's  when the batch is painted

Gareth

4926 has now had all branding removed. Seen on the 94 today.

John

Quote from: Solo1 on December 05, 2016, 08:49:16 AM
Which service will get the  red gemmi's  when the batch is painted

All routes they are on at the moment

Nxwm

How come the next stop annocement don't work

John

Quote from: Nxwm on December 05, 2016, 03:52:11 PM
How come the next stop annocement don't work

Obviously, they are not completed/set up on the buses yet

The Real 4778

Driving through Sutton last night, the puerile madness that is NXWM's obsession with renumbering routes was brought home as follows:

An X5 was approaching the centre of Sutton from the Birmingham direction, followed a couple of vehicles behind by a 5. 

It's all very well saying the 5 won't be confused with a 5 in south Birmingham, but with an X-prefixed 5 is an entirely different matter.

About time common sense prevailed and the WB 5 was renumbered back to the number everyone knows, 451.
Don't you start.

Kevin

Quote from: The Real 4778 on December 06, 2016, 11:01:35 AM
Driving through Sutton last night, the puerile madness that is NXWM's obsession with renumbering routes was brought home as follows:

An X5 was approaching the centre of Sutton from the Birmingham direction, followed a couple of vehicles behind by a 5. 

It's all very well saying the 5 won't be confused with a 5 in south Birmingham, but with an X-prefixed 5 is an entirely different matter.

About time common sense prevailed and the WB 5 was renumbered back to the number everyone knows, 451.

A disagreement with an example of the the very same route you speak of:

In Sutton on Sunday coming home to Great Barr, two others waiting at the same stop talking about how it used to be "only every half hour when it was the 45"

So no, not everyone knows the 451 number

Equally, at Scott Arms the day before someone saying the old 106 used to run up to the Asda (wrong, it was the 406 and it only ever went to the Asda when it was it's current number)

People don't care really what the number is as long as they still have a bus
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

The Real 4778

Quote from: Kevin on December 06, 2016, 01:40:04 PM

So no, not everyone knows the 451 number

LOL

I was being somewhat facetious, for effect. 

However, 5 and X5 sound like versions of the same bloody service.
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk