News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

4819 was showing BC staff bus coming into snow hill earlier :/
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

CL

4929 on the 101, shortly followed by 4853
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Dylanbusboy45

6812 is on the 907 today if anyone's interested

John

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on November 26, 2016, 02:59:11 PM
6812 is on the 907 today if anyone's interested

2 on there today. I had 6812 from 5 till 8pm

Quote from: John on November 26, 2016, 08:51:59 PM
2 on there today. I had 6812 from 5 till 8pm
6798 is the other @John.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Before anyone goes nosing at Miller Street and reports 4253 as withdrawn (It is currently parked with the withdrawn AG Plaxtons)

It is there to receive the engine from withdrawn 4255

RW

It's a wonder any Perry Barr vehicles running along the Aldridge Road maintain their schedules given the timings of the Wellhead Lane junction traffic signals. On Monday they caused mayhem back to and beyond the College Road and Kingstanding Road junction until well outside the morning 'rush'. When I finally reached Wellhead Lane and was held on red 2 cars and a pony and trap came out of Wellhead Lane. We then sat twiddling our thumbs for at least a further minute and a half. Perry Barr drivers must be tearing their hair out. The Council should take a look and sort it!

Tony

Quote from: RW on November 29, 2016, 09:39:09 PM
It's a wonder any Perry Barr vehicles running along the Aldridge Road maintain their schedules given the timings of the Wellhead Lane junction traffic signals. On Monday they caused mayhem back to and beyond the College Road and Kingstanding Road junction until well outside the morning 'rush'. When I finally reached Wellhead Lane and was held on red 2 cars and a pony and trap came out of Wellhead Lane. We then sat twiddling our thumbs for at least a further minute and a half. Perry Barr drivers must be tearing their hair out. The Council should take a look and sort it!

Monday was a one off, A power cut had disconnected all traffic lights from the main control centre at Lancaster Circus

RW

That  may well be the case on this occasion Tony but given the respective traffic flows on Aldridge Road and Wellhead Lane the signal timing still needs adjusting to improve the flow along Aldridge Road towards City. There is always a log jam back from the junction. The only difference is how far it goes back each day. Trust me I'm frequently sat in it!

Tony

Quote from: RW on November 29, 2016, 09:55:10 PM
That  may well be the case on this occasion Tony but given the respective traffic flows on Aldridge Road and Wellhead Lane the signal timing still needs adjusting to improve the flow along Aldridge Road towards City. There is always a log jam back from the junction. The only difference is how far it goes back each day. Trust me I'm frequently sat in it!

And I sit in traffic light control all day when I am not doing other jobs and have spent several hours getting those lights as optimised as possible

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

As if to emphasize a point that some routes literally have any bus available.... Noted on the Lichfield Rd (65 and 67) between 17:15 and 17:45:

42xx ALX400
44xx Gemini
46xx Crimson Gemini
7 branded Crimson E400
Omnilink
Omnicity

Was looking forward to seeing an E200 mini follow them all to complete the set of PB buses on the same route  :D
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

Same as the 94 I suspect, the route PB doesn't give a toss about.

Had to get that one in there.

Squiz1971

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 30, 2016, 10:33:45 PM
Same as the 94 I suspect, the route PB doesn't give a toss about.

Had to get that one in there.
4856 was/is out on the 94 today seen it turn into Masshouse Lane about 9:45 this morning while I was waiting for the 97 at the bus stop on Park St

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk