News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quite a few ex-Pensnett Enviro400s on the Suttons today (at least one on each 902, 907 and 914 boards), plus one on the 67, and it must have been 4828 on the 7 tonight, on board 7/10 that starts out of garage in the afternoon for a School Service

Tony

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 17, 2015, 05:55:29 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 17, 2015, 05:50:15 PM
Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 17, 2015, 05:43:08 PM
Sutton News website is carrying the story.
No reports of injuries, thankfully.
Pretty bad blaze in the pictures. Rear upstairs destroyed. At least.

Looking at the pictures, it appears to show the fire started at the rear of the upper deck and therefore potentially arson

Agreed:

http://www.suttoncoldfieldobserver.co.uk/destroys-bus-Erdington-causing-delays-commuters/story-26188810-detail/story.html

It is arson and the company have good CCTV of the culprit. I won't say any more than that so comment, but don't bother asking questions

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 18, 2015, 08:41:24 AM

Looking at the pictures, it appears to show the fire started at the rear of the upper deck and therefore potentially arson

Agreed:

http://www.suttoncoldfieldobserver.co.uk/destroys-bus-Erdington-causing-delays-commuters/story-26188810-detail/story.html

It is arson and the company have good CCTV of the culprit. I won't say any more than that so comment, but don't bother asking questions

As I suspected, the hottest part of the fire was clearly above the back seat hence the roof missing there..... lets hope NX do the same to this culprit as 4341 attackers

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Winston on March 18, 2015, 08:44:32 AM
Quote from: Tony on March 18, 2015, 08:41:24 AM

Agreed:

As I suspected, the hottest part of the fire was clearly above the back seat hence the roof missing there..... lets hope NX do the same to this culprit as 4341 attackers

I've been told they have found the culprit by a source of mine.

Squirrel

MrBevan2000

Which Omnicity is being seen to by engineers?

Tony

6029 was withdrawn after the morning peak yesterday
6030 was withdrawn after the morning peak today
6031 is expected to be out tomorrow, but that will be the last day of bendibuses in Bimringham

paulb1973

Quote from: Tony on March 19, 2015, 03:59:02 PM
6031 is expected to be out tomorrow, but that will be the last day of bendibuses in Bimringham

These buses won't be re-engineered/repaired or whatever? Guess they are young enough to be sold on to other operators?

CL

6031 is expected to be out tomorrow, but that will be the last day of bendibuses in Birmingham

God, I will miss them. I always did find it strange, yet, oddly entertaining sitting at the back half of the bus. Such a shame these buses will have little chance of preservation... Will have to hunt other 'rare' buses, before they go also.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4194

Never been on an NXwm bendis, were they good to ride? However I have been on a Nxc bendis bus which was nice. Are they similar?

Eric Shaw

I am sorry to see the Scania Bendies go despite all their problems. I have had my pensioners pass now for some years and while I travel on the top deck when there is one many people my age like the Bendies with 32 seats  being reached without  a step. Why go to the expense of a low step entry if you have to climb a step inside, whilst the bus is moving? The worst buses for this are the new Routemasters where many of the seats on the lower deck are either up steps or face backwards. This design is a victory of vanity over sanity.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section.

Kevin

Quote from: Eric Shaw on March 19, 2015, 07:42:43 PM
I am sorry to see the Scania Bendies go despite all their problems. I have had my pensioners pass now for some years and while I travel on the top deck when there is one many people my age like the Bendies with 32 seats  being reached without  a step. Why go to the expense of a low step entry if you have to climb a step inside, whilst the bus is moving? The worst buses for this are the new Routemasters where many of the seats on the lower deck are either up steps or face backwards. This design is a victory of vanity over sanity.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section.

Not gonna lie,  I actually agree with you.
I think it's a shame too many people blocked the use of bendi's, they've always proven their worth at filling and emptying quicker than normal buses, and I'm not sure but as you can get more people stood on them along the length then the capacity is surely more than a decker?
Personal opinion but I'd say they're perfect buses for shorter stop start routes, perhaps not for longer routes so maybe the 67 was a bit too far out
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Its very sad that they couldn't be more reliable, obviously Perry Barr did there upmost to keep everything going, but in the end only 3 were left. You can only spend so much time repairing something before it becomes uneconomical!

Shame Scania couldn't have done anything to improve them, withdrawing buses after 10 years must seem in a way to be a failure.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MrBevan2000

6031 left at 7:15 from PB to do it's last revenue run. Also 4245 left with the 934 to Walsall displayed?

John

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 20, 2015, 08:08:25 AM
6031 left at 7:15 from PB to do it's last revenue run. Also 4245 left with the 934 to Walsall displayed?

Our buses have Walsall routes 51, X51, 997, 934 in their hanovers, as well as all Central and Bordesley routes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk