News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

A bendi crossed the Expressway on its usual Lichfield Road Aston diversion this morning as we festered in the gridlock underneath.  Presumed it was 6030 putting another day in...
Don't you start.

CL

Anyone been on 4289 today? (Or has it even been out today?) I had it yesterday morning, on the 101 into town - one of the doors were notably slow, at one point the driver had to get out his cab to try and nudge it a bit to close...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: The Real 4778 on February 06, 2015, 01:43:07 PM
A bendi crossed the Expressway on its usual Lichfield Road Aston diversion this morning as we festered in the gridlock underneath.  Presumed it was 6030 putting another day in...

There were at least two out during the day, caught 6030 into town and back in me lunch break ~ midday and another was heading out towards castle vale as I waited, didn't catch that fleetnumber
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

The Fox 4846

Anything other than alx400's and gemini's on the 7 & 65 today?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Trident 4609

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on February 08, 2015, 12:18:33 PM
Anything other than alx400's and gemini's on the 7 & 65 today?

482* on the 65 today

The Fox 4846

Trident 4609

The Fox 4846

63 plate enviro on 65 as well

John

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on February 08, 2015, 05:06:36 PM
63 plate enviro on 65 as well

I know it is too late now but the 3 buses on the 65 were 4515, 4828 and 4931, with the first 2 being the night buses

Chris2301

Whilst i was on the 11C earlier there was a 654 coming from perry barr, isn't today when the route was split?

CL

I managed to get on 4829 on the 101 this morning. Great bus, for that service anyway. Notably quicker/smoother than the B7TL, however, the front of the bus' handrail positioning is certainly something the people, who are usually 'accustomed' to the B7s, will miss.

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

notepanel

Quote from: clayderman on February 09, 2015, 06:36:08 PM
I managed to get on 4829 on the 101 this morning. Great bus, for that service anyway. Notably quicker/smoother than the B7TL, however, the front of the bus' handrail positioning is certainly something the people, who are usually 'accustomed' to the B7s, will miss.

I always feel the Enviros are missing a handrail/handle behind the ticket machine. When waiting to get off the bus (and correctly stood off the platform), it is only possible to hold onto a pole on the left, rather than to hold onto two poles either side of the aisle.

I can't really see any obvious reason why there isn't a pole/handle there?

lynx1103

Quote from: notepanel on February 09, 2015, 07:36:10 PM

I always feel the Enviros are missing a handrail/handle behind the ticket machine. When waiting to get off the bus (and correctly stood off the platform), it is only possible to hold onto a pole on the left, rather than to hold onto two poles either side of the aisle.

One of the many reasons I don't like the enviro 400 is lack of handrails.

I've noticed on 4830 onwards the single seat there is an extra bar something
The 47xx don't have.

There is also not a proper luggage rack.

Very poorley designed compared to earlier trident and Gemini.
Also outside the indicator lights are not as clear to Volvo products.

Ronnoc

Quote from: lynx1103 on February 09, 2015, 09:30:18 PM
Quote from: notepanel on February 09, 2015, 07:36:10 PM

One of the many reasons I don't like the enviro 400 is lack of handrails.

I've noticed on 4830 onwards the single seat there is an extra bar something
The 47xx don't have.

There is also not a proper luggage rack.

Very poorley designed compared to earlier trident and Gemini.
Also outside the indicator lights are not as clear to Volvo products.
Well, on the BU07 Enviro 400's there is a handrail behind the driver area, the ticket machine is by the disabled zone.

the trainbasher

Does anyone know what the likelyhood of a bendy in the 67 will be this week?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk