News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Dom on April 28, 2016, 04:26:51 PM
Surely if it confirms the rumours then it is true?

I meant that I was told they were going to put an E200 on the 38.

CL

4479 is on the 101 today. Currently on this bus going into city. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: clayderman on April 29, 2016, 07:29:38 AM
4479 is on the 101 today. Currently on this bus going into city. :)

With 4799 on Sutton Lines, and 2 493*s on 907s

Michael Bevan

Quote from: John on April 29, 2016, 08:01:17 AM
With 4799 on Sutton Lines, and 2 493*s on 907s

And 4932 on 7/07. What's going on at PB today?

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

IS there any insider stuff happening at PB apart from what bus is on on which route? I'm  being serious, because we used to get a lot of it, not just PB btw.

Dom

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 30, 2016, 05:06:53 PM
IS there any insider stuff happening at PB apart from what bus is on on which route? I'm  being serious, because we used to get a lot of it, not just PB btw.

What do you mean?

monkeyjoe

I mean in these garage threads we used to get interesting NXWM insight into what is going on, nowadays it just seems to be bus spotting which I know has always been part of the forum group, but i my humble view that's all it is these days and it's a bit, how can i put it one dimensional. I don't know if anyone else shares my view, but just putting it out there and not meaning to cause any issues btw.

Dom

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 30, 2016, 05:17:32 PM
I mean in these garage threads we used to get interesting NXWM insight into what is going on, nowadays it just seems to be bus spotting which I know has always been part of the forum group, but i my humble view that's all it is these days and it's a bit, how can i put it one dimensional. I don't know if anyone else shares my view, but just putting it out there and not meaning to cause any issues btw.

I agree with you to be honest. I'd say flat.

monkeyjoe

Glad it's not just me, open to a bit of healthy debate if people disagree.

Kevin

It's a thread about the garage. Beyond repaints and a couple of slightly noteworthy buses on particular routes, nothing really happens these days as it is
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 30, 2016, 05:31:12 PM
Glad it's not just me, open to a bit of healthy debate if people disagree.

Your bang on but then again bar your normal daily operations, I don't see much else happening in a garage.

Does anyone have any trivia regarding PB, I know it used to be larger but a portion of its land has been sold off.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

danny

Didn't it used to have a small series of roads around the back that were used exclusively for training??
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

old50niner

Yes, prospective trainees had their initial assessment there. This was to see if they were suitable for training in the old WMPTE days.

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 30, 2016, 05:17:32 PM

I agree too, I was always taught "if you've nothing interesting to say, then say nothing". Not wanting to single out any individuals, but I feel there are those here that just post stuff for the sake of doing so.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk