News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Thanks, must admit I was surprised to see a bus on over two hour rounder by chance was slight!

JPC

Traveline indicates some revised Pool Meadow departure stands from 6th January...

Stand J ... 8 8A 9 9A towards Rail Station/Finham
Stand K ... 12X towards Warwick University
Stand L ...  11 11U towards Leamington Spa/Warwick Uni
Stand Q ... 10 towards Eastern Green
Stand R ... 6 6A towards Tanyard Farm
Stand S ... 5 18 18A 19 towards Tile Hill South/Westwood

A considerable saving of mileage over the course of each day I daresay :)

JoNi

Quote from: JPC on December 12, 2018, 07:40:13 PM
Traveline indicates some revised Pool Meadow departure stands from 6th January...

Stand J ... 8 8A 9 9A towards Rail Station/Finham
Stand K ... 12X towards Warwick University
Stand L ...  11 11U towards Leamington Spa/Warwick Uni
Stand Q ... 10 towards Eastern Green
Stand R ... 6 6A towards Tanyard Farm
Stand S ... 5 18 18A 19 towards Tile Hill South/Westwood

A considerable saving of mileage over the course of each day I daresay :)

When people ask staff which stand the bus to the station goes from they say R for Railway.....

Coventry Transport Dude

Platinum Bus 6959 was on Driver Training duty this morning, going only from the Garage and up to do a loop around Pool Meadow and then off back down to the Garage again !

Coventry Transport Dude

The curse of the 16 / 16A route has struck once again, as yet another Bus was involved in an incident on this route today. (If they're not catching fire on it, they're crashing into buildings instead ?lol).  A Keresley Village bound single decker (2155) collided with a concrete canopy in Cross Cheaping, at just after 2.00pm.  Hopefully nobody was seriously hurt at all, although i did see one young girl (who was a Passenger on the Bus) being taken to sit out on a nearby bench and a member of National Express staff making sure that she was OK ? (I think her nose was bleeding ?).

Coventry Transport Dude

4407 came through Pool Meadow today and i noticed that the front half of its lower deck was full of Bus Tyres !!!!lol.  I saw it over at Miller Street Garage yesterday and it was there to collect something, so would it have stayed there overnight and just came back today with the tyres, or would it have just traveled back home yesterday, but then went back over there again today on its spares / tyre carrying mission ??? (Do West Midlands not have an ancillary vehicle in the form of a big Van to go and collect these things, as it would be a lot cheaper to run and use for a parts ferrying service, than a Double Decker would be ???lol).

Coventry Transport Dude

Platinum Bus 6966 was on Driver Training duty earlier today (14/12/18) and hasn't yet been Coventryfied, as it still had its "West Midlands" transfers on the front and side of it !

Coventry Transport Dude

Three more Platinum's (6967, 6964 and 6955) that were delivered 2 days ago (Saturday), are now parked out at the Swanswell end of Wheatley Street Garage and have yet to be Coventryfied, although 6967 has no transfer at all on it N/S (either West Midlands or Coventry !), but does have on its Front and O/S !!!!!!

Platinum 6961 was on Driver Training duty today, just doing the usual short trip from Wheatley Street Garage, up to and around Pool Meadow, then back down to Wheatley Street Garage !!!!

Dennis Trident 4379 came down the Ring Road and through Pool Meadow this morning, but sadly not under its own steam, as it was "BEING TOWED" !!!

Tony

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on December 14, 2018, 11:02:25 PM
4407 came through Pool Meadow today and i noticed that the front half of its lower deck was full of Bus Tyres !!!!lol.  I saw it over at Miller Street Garage yesterday and it was there to collect something, so would it have stayed there overnight and just came back today with the tyres, or would it have just traveled back home yesterday, but then went back over there again today on its spares / tyre carrying mission ??? (Do West Midlands not have an ancillary vehicle in the form of a big Van to go and collect these things, as it would be a lot cheaper to run and use for a parts ferrying service, than a Double Decker would be ???lol).

They would be slave tyres to be put on withdrawals. Why send a fan over when 4407 was returning from repairs

Coventry Transport Dude

Yep, that does make sense Tony i guess, although to be honest with you, i didn't even know that 4407 was over there for repair, or for any other reason for that matter ??? (It basically caught Me by surprise when i arrived at Miller Street and saw it standing there !).  The pull down disabled ramp on it would certainly make things a lot easier for the Mechanics, when it came to loading it up with all them Tyre's !!!lol.

highland

Hi, I have a quick question about the 20C and the 16/16A as I'm curious about the timetable.

The hourly 20C is timetabled to arrive at its Walsgrave terminus at 46 past the hour, but a 20C doesn't leave the terminus until 16 past.

Likewise, the hourly 16/16A to University Hospital arrives at 46 past the hour and then doesn't leave until 13 past.

In each case, what does the bus do after finishing the route? Does it just wait there for half an hour?

Thanks.

Lukeeee2018

I've been on both routes, on the 20C the driver just parked the bus on the other side of the road and waited and on the 16 the driver stopped at the stop before the hospital interchange and just waited.

JPC

Quote from: Lukeeee2018 on December 24, 2018, 09:48:58 AM
I've been on both routes, on the 20C the driver just parked the bus on the other side of the road and waited and on the 16 the driver stopped at the stop before the hospital interchange and just waited.

The current 16/20C to Walsgrave timetables are likely a short term measure and I have a feeling further amendments are imminent, possibly a package of 'improvements' around that direction.
NXC have recently responded publicly to a complaint about overcrowding and hint the intention of putting double decks on the 9/9A to the Hospital, perhaps achieveable by amending service 4 to take the 9/9A route and vice versa or something of a similar nature.

highland

Thanks both.
Was wondering if I was missing a more intricate interworking arrangement or something.

I love Walsall buses

Anyone know if 6951 has arrived yet

Also MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk