News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesub

Quote from: Tony on August 02, 2024, 06:28:27 PMAnother single deck demonstrator has arrived
BV72 KPG - Volvo BZL single deck.

Currently at BC for kitting out, will hopefully do 4 weeks in service at Coventry rom around 12th August

Any photos yet? 👀
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

Jay71

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Jay71 on August 03, 2024, 12:09:32 PMAny idea of the seating capacity of this bus?
up to 43 seats + 3 tip up seats 
Vogel Arondo 
Lazzerini Practico and Esteban Isiri V2&V3 are optional
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Jay71 on August 03, 2024, 12:09:32 PMAny idea of the seating capacity of this bus?
It says on Tony's photo page "B41F" so I assume that means 41 seats.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jay71

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 03, 2024, 12:25:56 PMup to 43 seats + 3 tip up seats
Vogel Arondo
Lazzerini Practico and Esteban Isiri V2&V3 are optional
Thanks

RW

How many single deck ev's have been on demo with NXWM? Any thoughts on leading contenders?

winston

Quote from: RW on August 03, 2024, 02:00:07 PMHow many single deck ev's have been on demo with NXWM? Any thoughts on leading contenders?
I believe the Citaro is the current favourite at present.

Tony

The seating capacity is given on the page Linked to!

CL

Quote from: winston on August 03, 2024, 02:33:58 PMI believe the Citaro is the current favourite at present.
Just going off what I've heard (nothing technically official) - MB is a good contender; the eCitaro is very stylish, but (supposedly) the lack of customisation is a big red flag.

I'm hoping the BZL fare well. While I'm not the biggest fan of their design styling overall, I'm hoping they might feel a little less clinical than any Yutong I've had the pleasure of sampling.

That said, I don't suppose there'd be any scope for a GB Kite Electroliner demonstrator at any point? I don't think a sole demonstrator actually exists, so any trials would have to be loaned from another operator it seems (as per the Yutong).
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Gem2

Is the Volvo Bzl demo due to start today?

Tony

Quote from: Gem2 on August 12, 2024, 09:45:03 AMIs the Volvo Bzl demo due to start today?
Driver training 

Any news on when 1908 might be in service?
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

For those interested 2111 is on the 11 currently. I believe on a short running board

Mayfield

Quote from: Tony on August 02, 2024, 06:28:27 PMAnother single deck demonstrator has arrived
BV72 KPG - Volvo BZL single deck.

Currently at BC for kitting out, will hopefully do 4 weeks in service at Coventry rom around 12th August
Is this ever going to see any service ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk