News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Oh dear not the best publicity

Started by monkeyjoe, July 15, 2013, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew1991

Quote from: Lukeee on July 15, 2013, 09:44:41 PM
Correct me if im wrong but I thought the extinguishers weren't kept 6ft high I always thought they were lower to the ground.

well I thought on deckers they were fitted under the stairs

Liverpool Street

They're probably talking about the break glass hammers of which are fitted above the windows? It and its casing probably came loose. You know the press and its hyperbole.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Andrew on July 15, 2013, 09:47:25 PM
Correct me if im wrong but I thought the extinguishers weren't kept 6ft high I always thought they were lower to the ground.

I cannot think of an extinguisher or hammer 6ft high on a President or Gemini which is what it is likely to be on the Outer Circle. I am 6ft tall and there is nothing above my head!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on July 15, 2013, 10:09:12 PM

I cannot think of an extinguisher or hammer 6ft high on a President or Gemini which is what it is likely to be on the Outer Circle. I am 6ft tall and there is nothing above my head!

You're right, they're is only space for advertising. Nothing more.

I think this story is total codswallop.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Kevin

Just read the story and realised why I normally wouldn't bother, I just end up getting annoyed with people. I know the press have a habit of exaggeration but even then I find parts of this story ludicrous. And this woman is trusted with kids.....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Only bus I can think of is B7RLE in the fleet with high level extinguishers
Was the original ticket of the parent checked properly????  ::) ::) ::) ::)
May not have been legitimate to travel in the first place  :o :o :o
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Ex BC driver

Quote from: 4006 on July 16, 2013, 02:07:30 AM

Only bus I can think of is B7RLE in the fleet with high level extinguishers
Was the original ticket of the parent checked properly????  ::) ::) ::) ::)
May not have been legitimate to travel in the first place  :o :o :o

Even if it was a B7RLE, the casing on the side blinds which holds the extinguisher would of had to have a dozen screws loose or missing. I read the article and like many people have doubts, something ain't right

Andrew1991

i'm thinking someone has pointed out the child had a bruise on his head and she's come out with this excuse and she's been encouraged to sell the story

richie

It may refer to a bus fitted with engine fire surpressors. They are on the enviro 400 under the upstairs seat but single decks that have them fitted are in the saloon but generally further back than that.

Stu

I think we've already established that as this 'incident' occurred on the Outer Circle 11, that it would have been either a President or Gemini. (Slightly small chance of it being a Eclipse 2, no chance an Enviro400  ;))
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richie

Isn't the fire extinguisher on a Gemini above the luggage rack next to he buggy zone? I looked up some pics on Flickr but couldn't find an nxwm shot of that area

Stu

Quote from: richie on July 16, 2013, 07:38:24 PM
Isn't the fire extinguisher on a Gemini above the luggage rack next to he buggy zone? I looked up some pics on Flickr but couldn't find an nxwm shot of that area

Although I've regularly travelled on a Gemini, I'm struggling to picture the inside of one, but I think you're right in that there might be a fire extinguisher mounted behind a glass screen above the luggage rack. If that's the case, I doubt it would have fell directly onto the buggy area, but would have bounced off the luggage rack (or the box that the Metro newspapers are usually piled in) and onto the child.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

Liverpool Street

until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk