News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Oh dear not the best publicity

Started by monkeyjoe, July 15, 2013, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I am aware these things can happen, however to offer a day's free travel (if that is true) is a bit of a mickey take. I wonder if anyone's head will roll for this? Maybe the latter, not the best choice of phrase's, oops.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

? Can you clarify your post at all

notepanel

I guess it's in reference to this .... http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/baby-boy-cheats-death-freak-5101025

A slightly exaggerated headline I believe, and just shows all that is wrong with this country.

I hope NXWM didn't just offer a free days travel, but I hardly think it's worth pages in the newspaper. The slightest thing has to happen now and immediately people see the £ signs. Yes it shouldn't have happened, but we live in the real world and sometimes things will go wrong.

Possibly it's because of some things I see/deal with on a day to day basis, but I'm always a bit cynical when people are complaining about things like this. For a start, I imagine the extinguisher didn't just fall randomly, but was probably the result of the bus hitting a pothole/going over a speed bump/interference by an earlier passenger.

Most extinguishers (I believe - don't know if anyone can clarify) are within a glass container, yet there's no mention of the falling glass.

There's also other parts of the article which make me have doubts such as - 'It hit the baby in the pushchair on the forehead, but after this she had to prevent it hitting her other child' and 'The extinguisher hit the child on the forehead - yet in addition to the wounds on his head & legs, he has bruises on his back.'. If the extinguisher hit the child on head and then the legs I fail to see how her other child was at any point at risk as she states, and how this has caused bruising on his back.

I also dislike the part where the lady claims the reason for being so insulted about being offered the free daysaver, is that 'they tried to get her back on a bus, when obviously it's not safe', yet she continued her journey by bus on the day it happened.

monkeyjoe

I don't believe the days free travel part.

Dylan4579

nitromatt1

As if she's going to want to go on the bus again any time soon after what happened

Andrew1991

Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 15, 2013, 05:30:44 PM
As if she's going to want to go on the bus again any time soon after what happened

she went on one straight after it happened apparently. :/

i'm just trying to work out how it hit his head and he sustained a bruise to his back ?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Andrew on July 15, 2013, 05:43:34 PM

i'm just trying to work out how it hit his head and he sustained a bruise to his back ?

Perhaps he was sitting forward at the time and it pushed him back hard against his pram

Andrew1991

Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 15, 2013, 05:44:24 PM
Quote from: Andrew on July 15, 2013, 05:43:34 PM

Perhaps he was sitting forward at the time and it pushed him back hard against his pram

possibly

fleetline6477

I fail to understand how if as the article claims a 1 year old boy whose skull has not yet fused properly was hit on the head by a heavy fire extinguisher which had fallen 6ft why the Paramedics didn't insist on taking him to Casualty to be checked out. Head injuries on young children are seen as a major priority. Surely, for their own protection as well as the well being of a 1 year old child too young to explain how he feels he would have been taken to Casualty.

Dylan4579

Beacause the woman is milking it and the papers are forever biast towards the bus companies.

Liverpool Street

Give them a £1.70. Its valid on the Bristol Road for a minimum of 3 years. - Includes all your family, friends and random strangers you wait with at bus stops.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 15, 2013, 07:39:58 PM
Give them a £1.70. Its valid on the Bristol Road for a minimum of 3 years. - Includes all your family, friends and random strangers you wait with at bus stops.

LOL  ;D ;D nice one.

There are a few other routes in Birmingham where I bet these are valid too.

Lukeee

Correct me if im wrong but I thought the extinguishers weren't kept 6ft high I always thought they were lower to the ground.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk