News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Tunnels

Started by williamposh, July 12, 2013, 04:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Peter123 on July 16, 2013, 08:22:31 PM
Here is diamond's solution

http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/BirminghamTunnelsClosuresTakethe56fromthenewParkRidesiteatPerryBarr_110.html

I love this, not taking the piss or anything, bit this makes it effectively look like:

Diamond: "look, we've got a bus every half hour from here to get you into town, aren't we good?"
NX: "...and we have one every 5 mins..."
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Mike K

4538 and an Omnilink (possibly 1900?) were parked up in the lay by at the end of Newtown Row, just before Lancaster Circus towards city at around 5.30 this evening. Presumably these are spares ready to fill in gaps in Walsall Road / Kingstanding services if needs be during the tunnel closures?

Gareth

Quote from: Mike K on July 22, 2013, 11:11:48 PM
4538 and an Omnilink (possibly 1900?) were parked up in the lay by at the end of Newtown Row, just before Lancaster Circus towards city at around 5.30 this evening. Presumably these are spares ready to fill in gaps in Walsall Road / Kingstanding services if needs be during the tunnel closures?

The OmniLink was 1930. I saw them there at about 1pm

Mike K

Quote from: Gareth on July 22, 2013, 11:18:01 PM
Quote from: Mike K on July 22, 2013, 11:11:48 PM

The OmniLink was 1930. I saw them there at about 1pm

Thanks. I was emerging from about the only open tunnel in Birmingham at the time so only got a fleeting view. With ex PN B6s moving to PL and nothing yet leaving, I'm assuming this is creating the spare capacity for 4538 etc to be used as spares during the tunnel closures.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

What was 277 doing exactly? Other than looking pretty shabby and sorry for itself, surely to advertise the park and ride services you would at least use a double decker!

Tony

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on July 23, 2013, 05:03:25 PM
What was 277 doing exactly? Other than looking pretty shabby and sorry for itself, surely to advertise the park and ride services you would at least use a double decker!

You cannot get anything bigger than that solo in the car park. You are also able to buy return tickets for the Park & Ride from it. Advantage being it has a stock of change which the drivers in service do not have

notepanel

I personally feel the Perry Barr P&R wasn't very well advertised. It was only a couple of days before the closure it really became noticeable on the NXWM website (prior to that it was hidden away on the site).

I drove along the A34 from Walsall the day before the closure, and I didn't notice anything at all informing me of this new option.

Trident 4609

Are 4537-40 going to be used as and when needed for covering gaps in service due to tunnel closures or will they be loaned to to a different garage as i noticed 4539 still in Wolverhampton on the 529 today

Kevin

Quote from: notepanel on July 23, 2013, 05:44:48 PM
I personally feel the Perry Barr P&R wasn't very well advertised. It was only a couple of days before the closure it really became noticeable on the NXWM website (prior to that it was hidden away on the site).

I drove along the A34 from Walsall the day before the closure, and I didn't notice anything at all informing me of this new option.

Can't say I've been looking, but haven't seen anything obvious saying "park and ride this way" or similar on me way into town on the X51 these past few days

lynx1103

Birchfield Road Services

33 51 934 935 935A 936 997 X51

To resume normal line of route from 11 August 2013

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ServiceAlterations/alterations.aspx

Kevin

Quote from: lynx1103 on August 11, 2013, 07:51:06 PM
Birchfield Road Services

Way to complicate things I suppose... "We realised the traffic isn't that bad so we can send the buses back to their original route... except for that time when the traffic is quite bad, when we'll keep the diversion"

Couldn't they just leave it as was until the end of it all in September?

Lukeee

Quote from: lynx1103 on August 11, 2013, 07:51:06 PM
Birchfield Road Services

What about the 907 and the 952

Mike K

After last year's relatively successful diversions due to the tunnel closures, and fairly minor delays on journeys into the city, I was hoping for more of the same these school summer holidays. Unfortunately, today at least was an absolute nightmare - massive queues from Harborne Road up to Five Ways, then gridlock down Broad Street and very slow traffic all through the diversions. Not sure what's different to last year, but it didn't work today - loads of people late for work at my place.

Harborne and Hagley Road sevices at least must have been quite heavily delayed.

Kevin

Been fine up my end in Aston this morning, no one at least at my work was late at all

Gareth

I've heard a few people either at work, or friends on facebook saying that certain roads into the city were an absolute nightmare this morning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk