News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Tunnels

Started by williamposh, July 12, 2013, 04:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: The Real 4778 on July 12, 2013, 10:38:17 PM
Can that fascinating essay on industrial relations have its own thread, please.

Apologies, off topic, guilty as charged.

notepanel

I personally am very concerned about the first day of the full closure - Saturday 20th July. Not only will traffic probably be a nightmare on this day as people get used to the new layouts, but the EDL are also holding a big rally in Birmingham.

With recent events both locally & nationally, I feel this could turn very ugly and the police/emergency services response could be delayed due to the fact the City Centre will no doubt be like a car park, or, a coach load of EDL supporters stuck in traffic surrounded by many anti-EDL people could not be a pleasant experience. (or vice versa)

The Real 4778

Oh dear.  I hadn't realised those undesirables had got that planned.  What a waste of police effort having to keep the marauding hot-heads and their thugs under control.  Off topic, as charged!

Surely the Police could use the traffic fears about Day One to get this vile rally banned...?
Don't you start.

BU07 LGO

why don't they close one direction at a time?

richie

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 13, 2013, 02:20:10 PM

That's too logical for BCC

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 13, 2013, 02:20:10 PM

Close one direction at a time?

the trainbasher

Because., due to the time limit imposed., it is more quickening to do it in one block

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: DJ trainbasher on July 13, 2013, 03:31:33 PM
Because., due to the time limit imposed., it is more quickening to do it in one block

Sorry, I should've explained..

That was the reaction of BCC Chairman haha!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Tony

PM

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2013, 08:38:44 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 16, 2013, 08:22:31 PM
Here is diamond's solution

http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/BirminghamTunnelsClosuresTakethe56fromthenewParkRidesiteatPerryBarr_110.html

Exactly the same as NXWM are doing

Oh right lol but I'm sure it will be beneficial for people travelling that way and are NXWM's fares the same as well? Really good idea and hopefully if well used and publicised then it should keep the congestion down. Cant help feeling that advertising to bus users is a bit pointless as people on diamond's website probably wont want to drive anyway-they need to if they havent already publicise it on local radio/news/the tunnels website so car users know about it

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 16, 2013, 08:44:22 PM

http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/BirminghamTunnelsClosuresTakethe56fromthenewParkRidesiteatPerryBarr_110.html

Oh right lol but I'm sure it will be beneficial for people travelling that way and are NXWM's fares the same as well? Really good idea and hopefully if well used and publicised then it should keep the congestion down. Cant help feeling that advertising to bus users is a bit pointless as people on diamond's website probably wont want to drive anyway-they need to if they havent already publicise it on local radio/news/the tunnels website so car users know about it

Yes NXWM fares are the same. Good idea, only people I can see using that site are people driving in down Aldridge Road. Awkward to get to from any other road except Walsall Road and most people coming down Walsall Road will be on the first flyover missing it

PM

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2013, 08:48:57 PM

Yes NXWM fares are the same. Good idea, only people I can see using that site are people driving in down Aldridge Road. Awkward to get to from any other road except Walsall Road and most people coming down Walsall Road will be on the first flyover missing it

Its a shame but I guess the only site suitable and even small things like this help. How often do NX buses go from this car park then?

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 16, 2013, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2013, 08:48:57 PM

Its a shame but I guess the only site suitable and even small things like this help. How often do NX buses go from this car park then?

About every 2 minutes!
Passengers are generally being directed onto the 934, 935, 936, 997 which are about every 5 minutes between them, but tickets can also be used on the 33 and 907. There is also going to be a bus on standby so if the car park is  busy at any particular time so a large crowd appears, or there is a lage gap in the service the standby bus will operate a 934E journey from Perry barr to City and back

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk