News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Tunnels

Started by williamposh, July 12, 2013, 04:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williamposh

http://www.amey.co.uk/brumtunnels.aspx

Special Park and Ride and special tickets on NX

Liverpool Street

£80 to sit in the same traffic? No thanks.

And "bus priority measures"? Bullshit.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: The Rat on July 12, 2013, 05:04:34 PM

So Broad Street being bus only into city with police enforcement at Five Ways isn't bus priority? That isn't the only extra bit either

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on July 12, 2013, 06:11:13 PM

So Broad Street being bus only into city with police enforcement at Five Ways isn't bus priority? That isn't the only extra bit either

And will it be 100% enforced? Constantly for 6 weeks? What about the other side of town? Will we get any bus lanes?

Probably the first 2 weeks it'll be all enforced etc but it'll soon fizzle out and it'll be back to the usual. Reminds me of Moor Street actually!!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: The Rat on July 12, 2013, 06:15:59 PM

And will it be 100% enforced? Constantly for 6 weeks? What about the other side of town? Will we get any bus lanes?

Probably the first 2 weeks it'll be all enforced etc but it'll soon fizzle out and it'll be back to the usual. Reminds me of Moor Street actually!!

Snow Hill Queensway is also being bus only, and the cameras are being switched on in the city centre at long last

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on July 12, 2013, 06:41:29 PM
Quote from: The Rat on July 12, 2013, 06:15:59 PM

Snow Hill Queensway is also being bus only, and the cameras are being switched on in the city centre at long last

I have seen the signs, which is positive. I really hope many fines are issued.
until it cought fire

Ex BC driver

I reckon the roads round Paradise Circus will get busy

Tony

Quote from: Ex BC driver on July 12, 2013, 06:57:24 PM
I reckon the roads round Paradise Circus will get busy

They will be because of everything coming to or going from Holloway Circus will be going around there, but it will be helped by no cars coming down Broad Street

Liverpool Street

Ex-BC Driver? Why the ex?

And don't forget Bath Row... basically the whole city is going to feel the effects of this.
until it cought fire

Ex BC driver

Quote from: The Rat on July 12, 2013, 07:00:03 PM

And don't forget Bath Row... basically the whole city is going to feel the effects of this.

Been dismissed this afternoon

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Ex BC driver on July 12, 2013, 07:07:20 PM

Sorry to hear that. Wasn't your fault I guess? As usual.
until it cought fire

Ex BC driver

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 12, 2013, 07:14:52 PM

I'll PM you

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Ex BC driver on July 12, 2013, 07:21:28 PM

I'll PM you

Cheers mate I'll keep an eye out for it.
until it cought fire

Mike K

Also really sorry to hear that. Sadly, sounds like an all too common occurrence for NXWM drivers these days.

PM

Could always apply at green bus/diamond/another independant-also sorry to hear that you have lost your job. There must be bus driver vacancies somewhere else though

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk