News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM should import a variety of buses.

Started by CL, July 11, 2013, 08:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

I understand that this has been mentioned in a few different topics, but honestly, there should be an opinion on this. Well, what do you think, what other buses should NXWM purchase? And their depot allocations / route they should run on...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

winston

A batch of Merc Citaros for some of the high profile single decker routes, maybe to go on routes that will be upgraded to Gold Corridors

I'd also like to see NX return to dual sourcing standard double deckers i.e. Volvo/Gemini & ADL E400's

Rob H

Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2013, 08:41:39 PM
A batch of Merc Citaros for some of the high profile single decker routes, maybe to go on routes that will be upgraded to Gold Corridors

I'd also like to see NX return to dual sourcing standard double deckers i.e. Volvo/Gemini & ADL E400's

I would like NX to have some Merc Citaros I can just picture them in NXWM Livery :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Dylan4579

Oh don't worry about dual sourcing Winston, WB are due new Deckers next year

winston

Quote from: dgss1 on July 11, 2013, 09:04:51 PM

Why don't worry about dual sourcing?

I doubt its confirmed yet where any of the new buses are going, according to the trade press NX are only just going out to tender for their new vehicle requirements

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2013, 09:15:16 PM
Quote from: dgss1 on July 11, 2013, 09:04:51 PM

Why don't worry about dual sourcing?

I doubt its confirmed yet where any of the new buses are going, according to the trade press NX are only just going out to tender for their new vehicle requirements

More Enviro 400s  ;D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dylan4579

Tony

JackC

I may be slightly biased here but I think WB deserve some Citaros if any are ordered. They've had a severe lack of investment in full size single deckers for too long now, with their last new batch, the Omnilinks, being pinched by Walsall.

Trident 4609

Quote from: JackC on July 11, 2013, 10:51:47 PM

I may be slightly biased here but I think WB deserve some Citaros if any are ordered. They've had a severe lack of investment in full size single deckers for too long now, with their last new batch, the Omnilinks, being pinched by Walsall.

I think some Volvo B7RLE's delivered to WB next year to replace Mercs on the 48/9 and 83/9 although they will probably turn Fully double deck if geminis cascade fom PB

JackC

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 11, 2013, 10:59:59 PM

I think some Volvo B7RLE's delivered to WB next year to replace Mercs on the 48/9 and 83/9 although they will probably turn Fully double deck if geminis cascade fom PB

48/49 and 83/89 to go fully double decker with cascaded Geminis and then maybe the 42/43 to get some new full size singles. Maybe even the 45/46 if they're busy enough.

winston

I'd have thought B7RLE / B8RLE for single deckers & possibly a new batch of Volvo/Gemini to upgrade Dudley Rd cascading the 06 plate Gemini on the Soho Rd. I'd have thought standardising on Volvo products would fit in better with WB's current fleet profile

CL

Personally, i hope they do get some dual door buses, possibly for fast flowing services, like the 37. Merc Citaros would be a great addition to the fleet! NXWM can do with a variety of modernised buses...

My preferations:
>Enviro 200s at PB (Route 654?)
>MCV Evolution, dual door at AG (37, fast flowing buses, etc...)
>Wright Gemini 2 at PB, BC, SW & AG
>More Optare Buses?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

winston

Quote from: clayderman on July 11, 2013, 11:08:11 PM
Personally, i hope they do get some dual door buses, possibly for fast flowing services, like the 37. Merc Citaros would be a great addition to the fleet! NXWM can do with a variety of modernised buses...

My preferations:
>Enviro 200s at PB (Route 654?)
>MCV Evolution, dual door at AG (37, fast flowing buses, etc...)
>Wright Gemini 2 at PB, BC, SW & AG
>More Optare Buses?

The MCV's will be smaller / have less capacity than the current Omnilinks - have you not seen the comments about MCV Evolution build quality and the fact Diamond disposed of 23 nearly MAN examples plus other Dart SLF's

Optare Versa look pretty smart, not sure how they fair for reliability / build quality etc

uniquicity

New B7RLEs to Walsall please. Then 1750-87 to WB. 38 buses. PVR of 40/42/43/45/49/83/89 = 34. You knows it makes sense ;)

(Enviro200s then move from 40 to 47/47A, old deckers on 48)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk