News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

All things Dennis Trident

Started by Ashley 4569, July 11, 2013, 07:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Actually the front is different as well. The dashboard is a lot smaller. The fascia curves down one sided, mirror arms are higher set, windscreen is bigger, destination box is lower, bigger bumper, squashed up headlights, different wiper sizes slightly. To name a few.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

Also there is blue plastic showing from the top of the windscreen, unlike on Tridents where its hidden. Also, the sun visor doesn't retract 100%.

And the windscreen air vents are longer then those on a Trident.

Don't forget the interior; the two DP seats (ones in front of the 'high seats') are one a different level to one another.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

Not only the above but also, in the interior, the bottom bracket of the passenger doors are slightly larger, and don't have a big plastic cover over it.

It also seems the cab door is narrower?

You might as well change this topic title to All Things B7 ALX400
until it cought fire

Dylan4579

The tridents have a seat by the stairs and the B7TL dont

Martin

Trident one set of seats by the stairs and B7TL two sets of seats by the stairs.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Trident 4609

Quote from: Martin Morris on July 13, 2013, 09:58:03 PM
Trident one set of seats by the stairs and B7TL two sets of seats by the stairs.

Already been stated further up the thread martin

BU07 LGO

No smaller window on fire door (except 4229) and on the small window at rear on passenger side

Liverpool Street

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 14, 2013, 01:44:21 AM
No smaller window on fire door (except 4229) and on the small window at rear on passenger side

I've stated that mate.
until it cought fire

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 14, 2013, 01:44:21 AM

4229 had a replacement door, must have been when still quite new. I have a pic of it when new and it has a proper B7TL/ALX400 door, not the one it has now with the Trident sized window

John

4340 was driving about today on the 49 with no rear numberplate!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk