News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Bundy Clock

Started by horsencart, July 07, 2013, 09:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsencart

These days is is a relatively easy to check if a bus is on time or not, back in the day  just before departing from the terminus  a driver would uses his key in the Bundy Clock this would prove that he departed on time,  now for some reason lost in time, it was the done thing to press the key into the back of any young sprogs hands  present at the terminus, I know this because I was one of the young sprogs at the time, if they were to do that today there would be hell to pay, I suspect that this tradition now dead would have gone back to the days of the tram,

The Bundy clock slowly disappeared  from the streets of Brum, there are one or two still about at museums and the like Wythall, SVR, the only one that I know is still in its original position  sadly not a Brum one but a West Brom one so here are a few photos of the humble Bundy Clock at the 65 terminus, the 7 terminus,  at the 101 terminus,   and the 50 bus terminus
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/9229688884/

Westy

Did Walsall have anything similar?

Sh4318

There's still one by the bus stop on Spon Lane on the way to West Bromwich
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

horsencart

To be honest I do not know the I think Nottingham ?or Leicester ?  had something similar (was a box like clock?) and that was fixed to a wall   

Quote from: Westy on July 07, 2013, 10:42:36 AM
Did Walsall have anything similar?

horsencart

This is the one http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/9226925793/  West Brom Bus Station has one but they keep moving it

Quote from: Shaun4166 on July 07, 2013, 11:38:28 AM
There's still one by the bus stop on Spon Lane on the way to West Bromwich

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk