News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I saw 4365 this morning driven by an engineer turning off the Ring Road onto Newtown Row this morning, heading out of city. Maybe next refurb??

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on January 29, 2014, 09:10:59 PM
I saw 4365 this morning driven by an engineer turning off the Ring Road onto Newtown Row this morning, heading out of city. Maybe next refurb??

Glad you said that as my source says it was having BC engineering attention yesterday.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

JoNi

Saw 2132 on 957 in Solihull town centre heading for the station.
When it reached the station the driver had annoyingly changed the destination to "Sorry Not in Service" >:(.
Bus seemed to be forming 14:27 (RTI said it was going to Solihull ::))
Appreciate driver may have had long layover and wanted to put people off, but it was still annoying although I couldn't be bothered to wait.
Is this one of the usual workings covered by B7?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: JoNi on January 30, 2014, 09:27:06 PM
Saw 2132 on 957 in Solihull town centre heading for the station.
When it reached the station the driver had annoyingly changed the destination to "Sorry Not in Service" >:(.
Bus seemed to be forming 14:27 (RTI said it was going to Solihull ::))
Appreciate driver may have had long layover and wanted to put people off, but it was still annoying although I couldn't be bothered to wait.
Is this one of the usual workings covered by B7?

What if he wanted to go to the toilet? Sorry JoNi but comments like that annoy the driver in me lol.
EDIT: Just re-read your comments.
And did you clock it as a late night running card? Only late nights are supposed to be single deck.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

JoNi

Saw it while travelling to Solihull Station from Coventry on an 82 and it wasn't possible to hop out in town and take a picture.
I could make a nostalgic comments about days when buses had handwound destination blinds but appreciate modern blinds are easier for drivers to use.
Didn't see the running board as didn't bother to go over to vehicle as I was catching a train. Do 957s still have cumulative layover in Solihull?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: JoNi on January 30, 2014, 09:46:38 PM
Saw it while travelling to Solihull Station from Coventry on an 82 and it wasn't possible to hop out in town and take a picture.
I could make a nostalgic comments about days when buses had handwound destination blinds but appreciate modern blinds are easier for drivers to use.
Didn't see the running board as didn't bother to go over to vehicle as I was catching a train. Do 957s still have cumulative layover in Solihull?

JoNi, 957 has anywhere between 2 minute layover and 11 minutes; depending on time of day. I'm not discussing early morning/late night runnings, however.
until it cought fire

Rob H

Currently on 4620 working the 10:20 900E to the Airport heading back to Sheldon
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

JoNi

Liverpool Street thanks for the reply.
In light of your earlier comments I'll kick off another thread "What should passengers/bus users expect from Bus Drivers"

Liverpool Street

Quote from: JoNi on February 01, 2014, 06:44:15 PM
Liverpool Street thanks for the reply.
In light of your earlier comments I'll kick off another thread "What should passengers/bus users expect from Bus Drivers"

I think you might start a war with that, JoNi haha
until it cought fire

Rob H

2124 was out on the 957 this morning seen it at The Wheatsheaf heading for Solihull about 07:30 just before I got on 4901
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Rob H on February 01, 2014, 09:13:05 PM
2124 was out on the 957 this morning seen it at The Wheatsheaf heading for Solihull about 07:30 just before I got on 4901

I don't know what it is; but there's something rather pleasurable about single decked 957's now.
until it cought fire

B.C Driver

4618 fresh from refurb was towed back to BC from Frankley courtesy of Mansfield and replaced with 4446 last night.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Rob H

4218 out on 900's Today.

I managed to get a pic of 4218 when I got off in Sheldon working the 10:20 900E to Airport the link is below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/114083385@N05/12287274835/

If I've worked it out correctly it should work the following journeys if they don't change Buses

From Birmingham
13:20 to Airport
14:50 to Coventry
18:15 to Coventry

From Airport/Coventry
14:03 ex Airport
16:40 ex Coventry
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

JoNi

Yes Rob it definately returned to it's "native" Coventry at the time stated.

Rob H

Quote from: JoNi on February 03, 2014, 08:52:57 PM
Yes Rob it definately returned to it's "native" Coventry at the time stated.

Thank You JoNi :) Sometimes I get the times wrong but I'm glad you seen it :)
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk