News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 21, 2020, 12:49:16 PM
I'll do you one better. There were two passengers talking about is this the 17... whilst on the 17. (The 17 in question is the Birmingham one. Birmingham to Tile Cross).
Since the 127 128 & 129 morphed into the 13/A I get countless people ask me is this bus going to Oldbury when its going to Blackheath mind you not this morning I was the only passenger all the way to Edgbaston on 4237 on the top deck.

Dom

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 12:08:14 PM
You never had the pleasure of using them for work purposes to Blythe Valey Business Park @Pat as for using them regularly good riddance to bad rubbish the current service operated by Landflight is first class compered to Johnson's pure cowboys from my experience.

Yet another example of Richard talking pure shite. Dare I ask, again, how has he been let back on this forum?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 11:58:07 AM
No surprise with Johnson's after Arriva the worst operator in The West Midlands County utterly hopeless when they served Blythe Valley Business Park on the X20 it was normal for them to either miss the Business Park out altogether or mess up the bus gate and many drivers refused to accept Nbus passes a complete joke of an operation compared the excellent A8 from a very professional operator in contrast Landflight
Stu and Tony - This is another example of negative comments about bus operators on this forum which you want us to adhere to, this has to stop !

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Dom on July 21, 2020, 01:39:52 PM
Yet another example of Richard talking pure shite. Dare I ask, again, how has he been let back on this forum?

No idea but it is him as he has joined Stu's website under the Alias WyreForestShuttle and finish a post saying regards Richard...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Pat

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 21, 2020, 03:05:34 PM
No idea but it is him as he has joined Stu's website under the Alias WyreForestShuttle and finish a post saying regards Richard...
Not only that, but he has dropped numerous hints that coincide with old Richard.
Forum rule 13???

Trident 4194

Quote from: Pat on July 21, 2020, 03:40:42 PM
Not only that, but he has dropped numerous hints that coincide with old Richard.
Forum rule 13???

i don't think he's trying to hide the fact he's Richard anymore

WyreForestShuttle

Can I just remind everyone that the future of our hobby and industry could be in serious peril with what I found out from The Buses Minister yesterday over support for the bus industry from October and this is is far more important than personal thoughts about members of the forum such as myself who uses buses and operators 364 days a week & only comments about my personal use of The West Midlands County bus network even throughout the Covid-19 lockdown when no one was able to support our operators I continued to use the bus for essential hospital treatment & I thank the operators from the bottom of my heart to maintaing a vital bus service for those of us who needed to use it in lockdown & whatever you think of me at least I have found out where the operators stand from October and you can put your views to The Chancellor direct:

Rishi Sunak current Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced a spending review across all departments including the DfT. From a virtual meeting I had with the Minister for Buses, Baroness Vere of Norburton yesterday she seemed to indicate financial support post Covid-19for the bus industry would end in October 2020. If you have any comments to make to The Chancellor in regard for continuing financial support for the bus industry post his autumn statement please email your comments to:
public.enquiries@hmtreasury.gov.uk
but for your comment to be considered please make sure you include your full name and address with your comment. The bus industry needs continued financial support & The Treasury needs to know this is vital for the future of the bus industry in England.

Trident 4194

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 04:16:24 PM
Can I just remind everyone that the future of our hobby and industry could be in serious peril with what I found out from The Buses Minister yesterday over support for the bus industry from October and this is is far more important than personal thoughts about members of the forum such as myself who uses buses and operators 364 days a week & only comments about my personal use of The West Midlands County bus network even throughout the Covid-19 lockdown when no one was able to support our operators I continued to use the bus for essential hospital treatment & I thank the operators from the bottom of my heart to maintaing a vital bus service for those of us who needed to use it in lockdown & whatever you think of me at least I have found out where the operators stand from October and you can put your views to The Chancellor direct:

Rishi Sunak current Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced a spending review across all departments including the DfT. From a virtual meeting I had with the Minister for Buses, Baroness Vere of Norburton yesterday she seemed to indicate financial support post Covid-19for the bus industry would end in October 2020. If you have any comments to make to The Chancellor in regard for continuing financial support for the bus industry post his autumn statement please email your comments to:
public.enquiries@hmtreasury.gov.uk
but for your comment to be considered please make sure you include your full name and address with your comment. The bus industry needs continued financial support & The Treasury needs to know this is vital for the future of the bus industry in England.

I would like to remind you we don't have unlimited finances to support everyone and everything.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 21, 2020, 04:44:31 PM
I would like to remind you we don't have unlimited finances to support everyone and everything.
If the The Treasury can find the funds to repaint an RAF transporter plane from its standard grey livery into a Union jack livery to transport the Prime Minister at a cost of £1m during the pandemic we have more than enough funds in the current PSBR borrowing requirements to fund the bus industry from October 2020 @Trident 4194 The current borrowing requirement to support the bus industry is less than 18% of the amount that was required to support the banking industry in 2008.

Trident 4194

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 04:48:12 PM
If the The Treasury can find the funds to repaint an RAF transporter plane from its standard grey livery into a Union jack livery to transport the Prime Minister at a cost of £1m during the pandemic we have more than enough funds in the current PSBR borrowing requirements to fund the bus industry from October 2020 @Trident 4194 The current borrowing requirement to support the bus industry is less than 18% of the amount that was required to support the banking industry in 2008.

Oh there we go one of these how dare he paint a plane

Stu

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 04:16:24 PM
Can I just remind everyone that the future of our hobby and industry could be in serious peril with what I found out from The Buses Minister yesterday...

And can I just remind everyone that this is the Birmingham Central garage thread, and I fail to see what recent replies about buses in Blackheath, Oldbury and Stratford as well as RAF planes have to do with this topic.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

Depends if it's an airbus lol

monkeyjoe

Random question where are these x70 short journeys laying over , surely they will cause congestion laying over outside the BP? Do they park up near the motorway 28/71 stop maybe?

Sh4318

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 31, 2020, 10:33:52 PM
Random question where are these x70 short journeys laying over , surely they will cause congestion laying over outside the BP? Do they park up near the motorway 28/71 stop maybe?

Hall Road possibly?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack6101

Most likely on the little service road just off Bradford road , that brings you back on to the island back towards brum
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk