News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 30, 2018, 05:31:45 PM
Who actually created the unrealistic timetable for the x20/x21/x22. I'm yet to see an x22 that has been on time from 3:30 pm.
Quote from Walsall training center, running boards, timetables are just guides not set in stone, drivers only responsibility to it is not to leave any timing point early no excuses unless directed by an inspector to do so(brum riots) told to get out of the city sharpish, any way every excuse for being late this I have heard time and time again over the last 20 years or so.
So MR trident hope that helps.

mesub

6869 has a digital crack in the upstairs screen
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jordan on December 05, 2018, 02:54:02 PM
6879 on the X2

@Jordan Platinums on the X2 aren't noteworthy. Perhaps this should've been in the route branded buses off route thread?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Has nobody seen the new style next stop announcements that have been rolled out on the Harborne and University services, I've not seen any mention of them?
Not sure how long these vehicles have had them?
6860 on the 24 and 6886 on the X20 today are the first I recall seeing, i'm not sure how many have it present. 6875 and a number of others still have the old style next stop anouncements.
There are a few few key differences from the old style next stop announcements: instead of saying and displaying "The next stop is Coventry Road, Gliberstone Avenue", these say and display "Next Stop: St George's Church" - and they have the time displayed below.
They don't repeat themsleves as much.
With the old next stop annnouncements they would announce the stop a further time whether or not it stops there, these only announce it if it stops there.
The next stop announcements occasionally announce "24 to Quinton Road West", "24 to Birmingham", "X20 to Birmingham", "X20 to Rednal" every few stops, the screens also alternate to display this at this time.

I'm pleased to see they've finally started to update these, as the old X20, X21, X22, X1 and X2 next stop announcements were wrong. X1 and X2 - Announcing stops on the Coventry Road they haen't called at for years, such as Wagon Lane and Clay Lane. X20/X22 - not announcing a number of stops in the Edgbaston/University area, announcing after Bath Row the next stop is the School Of Education Stop, I witnessed one incident where that seemed to confuse a few passengers not familiar with the area and route.
Hopefull these are rolled out across all of the X1, X2, X20, X21, X22, 23 and 24 routes and platinum buses that serve these route.

I noticed the sheet on the rear top deck window of 6886, had partly been peeled of as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Yeah, they still mention 'Deakins Road' which the X1 and X2 don't stop at. They'll probably be updated again when the X70 gets its new Platinums.

Quote from: Jack on December 08, 2018, 03:25:43 PM
Yeah, they still mention 'Deakins Road' which the X1 and X2 don't stop at. They'll probably be updated again when the X70 gets its new Platinums.
They seem to have started to update the 23/24 and X20/X21/X22 ones with these new style next stop announcements, as I was saying above, it may be that they'll update them now with these?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mesub

I was about to complain about some of the stop announcements don't work after University North gate as well as some stops on the 23/24 not working. I'll guess I wait and see
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on December 08, 2018, 03:05:13 PM
Has nobody seen the new style next stop announcements that have been rolled out on the Harborne and University services, I've not seen any mention of them?

Well they don't tend to have them on the B7RLEs.

OH25

Quote from: 2206 on December 08, 2018, 03:05:13 PM
Not sure how long these vehicles have had them?
6860 on the 24 and 6886 on the X20 today are the first I recall seeing, i'm not sure how many have it present. 6875 and a number of others still have the old style next stop anouncements.
There are a few few key differences from the old style next stop announcements: instead of saying and displaying "The next stop is Coventry Road, Gliberstone Avenue", these say and display "Next Stop: St George's Church" - and they display the time displayed below.
They don't repeat themsleves as much.
With the old next stop annnouncements they would announce the stop a further time whether or not it stops there, these only announce it if it stops there.
The next stop announcements occasionally announce "24 to Quinton Road West", "24 to Birmingham", "X20 to Birmingham", "X20 to Rednal" every few stops, the screens also alternate to display this at this time.

I'm pleased to see they've finally started to update these, as the old X20, X21, X22, X1 and X2 next stop announcements were wrong. X1 and X2 - Announcing stops on the Coventry Road they haen't called at for years, such as Wagon Lane and Clay Lane. X20/X22 - not announcing a number of stops in the Edgbaston/University area, announcing after Bath Row the next stop is the School Of Education Stop, I witnessed one incident where that seemed to confuse a few passengers not familiar with the area and route.
Hopefull these are rolled out across all of the X1, X2, X20, X21, X22, 23 and 24 routes and platinum buses that serve these route.

I noticed the sheet on the rear top deck window of 6886, had partly been peeled of as well.

So much better this way and the bonus of the route and destination should have been implemented from the start.

MasterPlan

On the subject of next stop announcements though, I'm surprised that the announcement for the terminus stop doesn't say "The last stop is..." instead.

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on December 08, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
They seem to have started to update the 23/24 and X20/X21/X22 ones with these new style next stop announcements, as I was saying above, it may be that they'll update them now with these?

These haven't been rolled out widely yet but I'm on 6860 now and I agree it's a massive improvement on the previous next stop announcements. More informative and less repetitive. Plus that strange nasal sounding voice that says "the next stop is..." has gone, which is a bonus.

MasterPlan

6882/3/5/9 don't appear to have them yet.

mesub

I'm on 6860 and these announcements are like the London one. They are really nice. Only improvement is maybe a small break between the the Next stop and the stop name so it doesn't sound rushed
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

Jack6101

6839-x70 uncommon for the week
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Quote from: mesub on December 11, 2018, 03:36:21 PM
Only improvement is maybe a small break between the the Next stop and the stop name so it doesn't sound rushed
I personally think they're much better and much improved.
They're not as repetitive as well, so they're not repeating "the next stop is" and then the stop name e.g. "Old Lode Lane, Hatchford Brook Road" about 4 times".
Plus theres the added benefit of the route and destination.
Quote from: Mike K on December 11, 2018, 08:12:09 AM
These haven't been rolled out widely yet but I'm on 6860 now and I agree it's a massive improvement on the previous next stop announcements. More informative and less repetitive. Plus that strange nasal sounding voice that says "the next stop is..." has gone, which is a bonus.
I agree yes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk