News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: WN on February 05, 2016, 04:20:02 PM
I just see it as a piece of aluminium with some fancy attachments.

Either way they cost a lot of money !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

WMT3000

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 05, 2016, 03:10:35 PM
Has she always had LEDs?
It was the first time I'd seen 4449 with LEDs but I'm not exactly sure when I last saw it before that. Tony's photo on the main site shows it as being dot matrix back in September 2015 so the change over must be fairly recent at least.

Liverpool Street

The reason vehicles are females is cause they cost a lot of money, unreliable, don't like cold mornings and they hiss if you 'rub' them the wrong way

its nice to personify machines though , doesn't happen much these days but the old times were littered with workers etching names into trucks and presses and stuff

Back when I was a newt leaving school working in a factory making gaskets in some description the heavy press was christened 'fat Betty'

ugly looking mule she was - typical Black Country green but was worn out with rust and bent rivets - believe it was manufactured late 1800's but don't quote me
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

lauren1993

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 06, 2016, 08:42:11 PM
The reason vehicles are females is cause they cost a lot of money, unreliable, don't like cold mornings and they hiss if you 'rub' them the wrong way

its nice to personify machines though , doesn't happen much these days but the old times were littered with workers etching names into trucks and presses and stuff

Back when I was a newt leaving school working in a factory making gaskets in some description the heavy press was christened 'fat Betty'

ugly looking mule she was - typical Black Country green but was worn out with rust and bent rivets - believe it was manufactured late 1800's but don't quote me

I don't see all buses as girls, some are definitely boys, I believe they all have their own personalities, and the fleet number, number plate etc are some of the factors which help me define their gender.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Michael Bevan

Just seen 5515 pass me on the Aston Expressway. Any idea why it was on there?

Mike K

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 07, 2016, 09:08:54 AM
Just seen 5515 pass me on the Aston Expressway. Any idea why it was on there?

Possibly going to or from the Volvo place in Willenhall (Hartshornes?)?

John

@RS

The 29 is Hybrid operated on Sundays as I think it interworks with the 24

RS

Quote from: John on February 07, 2016, 06:47:23 PM
@RS

I thought it interworked but wasnt too sure thanks for the info @John
London Euston

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on February 07, 2016, 06:47:23 PM
@RS

The 24/9 are a mixture of Hybrid/E400's (sometimes the odd Trident) on Sundays.

CL

Blimey, 4181 has a heck of a whine! It's on the 29 today, with a rear Berghaus ad. I believe that's new? Also, speaking of Tridents, noticed 4613's rear display was very well visible; night or day! - I do like backlit flipdots.

Has anyone seen the new ticket branding on the single deckers? 2141 has one; promoting the off peak daysaver and also one of BY's branding family/group daysavers, I believe..
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Quote from: clayderman on February 09, 2016, 08:12:46 AM
Blimey, 4181 has a heck of a whine! It's on the 29 today, with a rear Berghaus ad. I believe that's new? Also, speaking of Tridents, noticed 4613's rear display was very well visible; night or day! - I do like backlit flipdots.

Has anyone seen the new ticket branding on the single deckers? 2141 has one; promoting the off peak daysaver and also one of BY's branding family/group daysavers, I believe..

Mentioned in another thread. (The thing about the new ticket advertising)

Ronnoc

Quote from: clayderman on February 09, 2016, 08:12:46 AM

4613 has had new back flip dots quite some time ago.

CL

Quote from: Nathan on February 09, 2016, 08:42:07 AM
Mentioned in another thread. (The thing about the new ticket advertising)
Ah, must've missed it then. Thanks. :)

Quote from: Ronnoc on February 09, 2016, 01:25:10 PM
4613 has had new back flip dots quite some time ago.
I believe I saw it a while back with the new display - was just mentioning how much better/brighter the new ones are ;)

CL

4607 is parked up on Lordswood Road, near War Lane (Citybound direction); Not in Service and hazards on? It's not quite at the 11A bus stop; only wondered is it had broken down?

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on February 11, 2016, 08:15:34 AM
4607 is parked up on Lordswood Road, near War Lane (Citybound direction); Not in Service and hazards on? It's not quite at the 11A bus stop; only wondered is it had broken down?

No

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk