News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AV4248

Why have I seen 900's/957's using Heath Mill Lane going into the city?
I can only assume there's been some sort of incident somewhere...

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: AV4248 on August 06, 2015, 03:24:56 PM

If that was the case, wouldn't the Coventry Road services also be diverted as well ?! Or is something in regards to the highway
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

CL

Quote from: AV4248 on August 06, 2015, 03:24:56 PM
Probably nothing related. But there's been a fire around Digbeth (Wholesale Markets). I assume services, like those coming from Deritend, and others, such as the 16, 80, 126, etc... have been diverted.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-birmingham-wholesale-markets-fire-9803829

Quote from: Andy Richardson @ Birmingham Mail Live Updates
A number of bus routes have been diverted as emergency services deal with the fire.

NX West Midlands said services 2, 3, 5, 6, 17 & 37 diverted via Coventry Road, Digbeth High street, Heathmill Lane, Fazeley Street and onto Park Street.

Service 50 diverted via Bradford Street, Alcester Street, High Street, Heathmill Lane, Fazeley Street and onto Park Street and Service 35 is currently terminating at Sherlock Street. A further update will follow shortly.

Follow @nxwestmidlands for updates.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

MW

Some sort of fire in the City, AG City routes are turning right onto Heath Mill, left on Fazely, left again and normal line of route. Applies to the 5/31/37/73. I think it's at the markets, this fire.

AV4248

Quote from: clayderman on August 06, 2015, 03:28:20 PM
Probably nothing related. But there's been a fire around Digbeth (Wholesale Markets). I assume services, like those coming from Deritend, and others, such as the 16, 80, 126, etc... have been diverted.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-birmingham-wholesale-markets-fire-9803829

Yep your right whole of Upper Dean Street has just been taped off looks like there's been a fire in the market car park.

CL

NXWM's twitter has confirmed that all services are back to their normal routes.

John

Quote from: clayderman on August 06, 2015, 03:28:20 PM

Sounded like fun on that side of the City! Another driver told me of the fire as I was waiting time at the Uni relief stop. All of our 16s were terminating at The Priory Queensway (Not bad as they would have over 20 minutes layover before leaving City on time! They were parking up at the lay-by by Hotel LaTour on Park Street and some at the stop at the bottom of The Priory Queensway), the queues of passengers for the affected services on Moor Street/Cars Lane were massive, especially the Coventry Road and the 97. Moor Street Queensway was near enough empty heading back up towards Hotel LaTour from the Bullring, makes a nice change

trident4370

Are anymore enviros getting the pershore road branding, or is 4904 the last?

Tony

Quote from: trident4370 on August 08, 2015, 12:51:45 PM
Are anymore enviros getting the pershore road branding, or is 4904 the last?
Hopefully a couple more might be done tomorrow

trident4370

Quote from: Tony on August 08, 2015, 01:06:45 PM
Hopefully a couple more might be done tomorrow
Thatnks Tony, I will keep my eyes peeled for them this week.

Dylanbusboy45

Which BC E400 has got orange around the destination and above the lights, no branding on the front window or on the side of it but full branding on the back?Saw one like this today in Birmingham and it looked quite odd.

Ronnoc

Some of the E400's still have that bonobos back advert.

Dylanbusboy45

It may have been a bonobos advert but I am quite sure I seen orange branding on the back which is correct for Pershore Rd

CL

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on August 10, 2015, 02:42:45 PM
Some of the E400's still have that bonobos back advert.
With the 900 branding under that! ;) (4902?)

Dylanbusboy45

Maybe it's 4902 but I would think it would be 4900 or 4905 onwards as I think 4902 has full branding.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk