News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: clayderman on June 05, 2015, 08:31:13 PM
Would be nice to see the branding on these buses... I have a feeling the branding would go along the lines of the Soho Road branding, i.e

Birmingham City centre | Edgbaston | Pershore Road ~ or something similar... Turquoise branding, anyone?

I don't know why, but I'm thinking pinkish ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

P419 EJW

Quote from: clayderman on June 05, 2015, 08:31:13 PM
Would be nice to see the branding on these buses... I have a feeling the branding would go along the lines of the Soho Road branding, i.e

Birmingham City centre | Edgbaston | Pershore Road ~ or something similar... Turquoise branding, anyone?

It would be great if the branding is to be turquoise. It would carry on the brand history of the Pershore Road.

CL

Quote from: P419 EJW on June 05, 2015, 09:43:47 PM
It would be great if the branding is to be turquoise. It would carry on the brand history of the Pershore Road.
My point exactly. ;) Would be nice to keep tradition...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

Any one know the times are for 6710 on 900 & 6711 on 957 from city
Center thanks

the trainbasher

Now this is unexpected...4168 on the 957. Just approaching Moor Street 1810!! All night board too!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bryan

Quote from: Stu on June 03, 2015, 08:02:51 PM
6706 is named after Birmingham Yardley MP Jess Phillips:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/mp-takes-her-seaton-her-very-own-bus-

Am I alone at being annoyed that a bus is named after an MP with no track record?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Bryan on June 06, 2015, 06:35:36 PM
Am I alone at being annoyed that a bus is named after an MP with no track record?

Terrible, i thought that buses were to be named by drivers at the buses local garage.

So are NE entering politics, surely if a bus has been named after a politician from one party, then other buses should be named after politicians from all other parties.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Bryan on June 06, 2015, 06:35:36 PM

Do you know who all the other couple of hundred vehicles are named after? Yes the majority are staff's relations, but why pick on one woman. Some others have been nominated by outsiders for various reasons. A couple have been won in competitions.

Why be annoyed over something so trivial?

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 01, 2013, 09:35:21 PM
Please NO, no more Omnilinks, hate them, would much prefer the B7RLE, a much better bus.

Again - not Euro 6. If Centro do actually get Birmingham SQPS to Euro 6 by 2020 buying new vehicles anything other than Euro 6 is a bit silly

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on June 06, 2015, 06:44:33 PM
Again - not Euro 6. If Centro do actually get Birmingham SQPS to Euro 6 by 2020 buying new vehicles anything other than Euro 6 is a bit silly

@Tony why have you suddenly replied to a post that is nearly two years old?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 06, 2015, 06:46:17 PM
@Tony why have you suddenly replied to a post that is nearly two years old?

Not sure why that suddenly appeared in my current page, but it wasn't out of place with the comments about Scanias which was current!

Liberator9

Not sure why some on here have such hate for the Omnilinks - find them some of the best single deckers in the NX fleet - chassis is excellent on them; are decent to drive and aside from the lack of legroom/dark interior, nothing wrong with them. Better quality than the E200s.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 06, 2015, 06:56:36 PM
Not sure why some on here have such hate for the Omnilinks - find them some of the best single deckers in the NX fleet - chassis is excellent on them; are decent to drive and aside from the lack of legroom/dark interior, nothing wrong with them. Better quality than the E200s.

I also think there quite smart" the only down side to them is the Walsall ones are sluggish and the doors take forever to close, but give me one of them over an e200 any day

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 06, 2015, 06:58:30 PM
I also think there quite smart" the only down side to them is the Walsall ones are sluggish and the doors take forever to close, but give me one of them over an e200 any day

While you've still got the opportunity, I'd recommend trying to get one on a 37 that's running late, or on the 1 on Sundays, then you might get to see how they can shift (if the driver wants it to!)  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

:) Certainly agree there @Stu The 6 is good as well - the YW Euro 5 BX59/10 batch can really move. Like on the 37, if one is running late, then it's a great ride!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk