News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara4352

Quote from: Tony on May 10, 2015, 10:29:35 PM
It is not one of the 'traditional' links. It originated when the WMPTE thought the 43 (city - Nechells) & 96 (City-Winson Green) were two short to be viable so joined them up, nothing to do with passenger demand, same as a lot of WMPTE changes which had more to do with operating convenience than passenger usefulness.

(second time the 96 has been mentioned this week!)
Reading back about the 96 I think it was a nice route  :P

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on May 10, 2015, 10:29:35 PM
It is not one of the 'traditional' links. It originated when the WMPTE thought the 43 (city - Nechells) & 96 (City-Winson Green) were two short to be viable so joined them up,

(second time the 96 has been mentioned this week!)

Erroneously...
95 city - five ways - Ladywood
Map dated 1975 says so :-D
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Justin Tyme

If I recall correctly, the 43 (Nechells - City) was extended via Ladywood to Soho, replacing the 95 and part of the 83.  I think it was done as part of the 10% cuts of 1980, so the reason Tony gives is correct.

Westy

What about when they tried moving the X51(or was it still 951 at that point?) to terminate by the markets?

Did any actually terminate there after all, because the time I tried it, it stayed at Dale End or Carrs Lane(can't remember which) & the driver cited the congestion at the time?

Years ago they actually ran the 51 down towards Smallbrook Queensway / New Street Station & that got stopped because of congestion.

CL

On another topic, whilst scrolling through my flickr feed, I stumbled upon a picture from a while back, where Harborne buses, on Colmore Row, displayed "alight only (crew bus)" - and just one question, whatever happened to using that display? Was it just too time-consuming to alternate between that, and an actual service display?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

CL

Another thing, they seemed to have named the hybrids (5501 - 5518) - 5515 is Madhu, 5508(?) Anna, and another is called Charlotte.

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on May 11, 2015, 07:59:49 AM
Another thing, they seemed to have named the hybrids (5501 - 5518) - 5515 is Madhu, 5508(?) Anna, and another is called Charlotte.

5504 is called Claire

Ben

I did look back through the thread but I can't find an answer...

It appears to me that at least one Enviro/(Possibly more) Enviro(s) have had 900 branding removed. Can somebody explain why please?

Thanks.

Chris2301

Quote from: Ben on May 11, 2015, 11:11:57 AM
I did look back through the thread but I can't find an answer...

It appears to me that at least one Enviro/(Possibly more) Enviro(s) have had 900 branding removed. Can somebody explain why please?

Thanks.

They are being replaced by the platinum buses existing e400 on 900/957 are going to the pershore road services 45/47

Rob H

4895 now de-branded from the 900

4947 is named Bevita

4948 is named Sammy Clare
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

James4368

4909 is now de-branded
Out on 900 if anyone wants a photo
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Liverpool Street

So where's the Bristol Road city terminus? Same place as 82/87 now at Albert Street?

I'm surprised the Broad St services are using normal route on Friday and Saturday nights now. Ooooh all those delays, and what about H&S?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Other names noted: (Hybrids)
- 5517, Olivia

- 5515, Madhu
- UnID, Anna
- 5504, Claire (Thanks @Mike K)

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 11, 2015, 05:46:13 PM
@Liverpool Street what's health and safety? ;)

Nx of all operators should know about health and safety, after all they never do anything wrong do they, always stick to the book 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk