News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suavegarv

Leather seat is probably for the driver!!  :)

PM

Quote from: Reece on May 06, 2015, 10:43:36 PM
That's took the shine off NXWM Platinum a bit only part leather seats go full leather or don't boffer half leather gets tatty very quickly like the seats on Diamond Value Wright Eclipse Urbans! ::)

Half leather and half moquette is by far the better option than full leather. Trentbarton have resorted to this as passenger feedback suggested they actually prefer moquette as it's not slippery and cold in the winter or makes your clothes sweaty in the summer.

I also don't get where this Diamond Value eclipse's being tatty has come from. Having been on every one at some point fairly recently,  they're absolutely not. The interiors especially with the branding look superb vs similar aged NXWM eclipses or the oldest non refurbed Scanias.

Look what happened to full leather NXWM buses last time round ::) The last time I went on one of that batch it was horrible-sticky, marked seats with odd stains that were really cold as opposed to a more comfortable moquette seat. However leather headrests and seat sides prevents the excessive wear and tear on those bits of the seat so they don't go threadbare.

Chris2301

One question i got to ask, when all platinums are delivered to BC do they have to stay to their allocated routes or will they pop up on other routes (especially weekends) as they don't need the full allocation. Or are they strictly used the 900 and 957 only

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 08, 2015, 09:24:46 AM
One question i got to ask, when all platinums are delivered to BC do they have to stay to their allocated routes or will they pop up on other routes (especially weekends) as they don't need the full allocation. Or are they strictly used the 900 and 957 only

Strictly 900/957
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Reece

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 06, 2015, 11:49:34 PM
Half leather and half moquette is by far the better option than full leather. Trentbarton have resorted to this as passenger feedback suggested they actually prefer moquette as it's not slippery and cold in the winter or makes your clothes sweaty in the summer.

I also don't get where this Diamond Value eclipse's being tatty has come from. Having been on every one at some point fairly recently,  they're absolutely not. The interiors especially with the branding look superb vs similar aged NXWM eclipses or the oldest non refurbed Scanias.

Look what happened to full leather NXWM buses last time round ::) The last time I went on one of that batch it was horrible-sticky, marked seats with odd stains that were really cold as opposed to a more comfortable moquette seat. However leather headrests and seat sides prevents the excessive wear and tear on those bits of the seat so they don't go threadbare.

From what I can make out from the photo of 6702 is that the seats should look like something that Nottingham City Transports has fitted to their 15 reg enviro400s which is high back seats trimmed in part leather. Which I think does not look to bad.
https://flic.kr/p/rJKZMe Upstairs
https://flic.kr/p/r5q2Ya Downstairs

James4368

Some de-branded E400's out today
4910-900
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Trident 4609

Kevin

Presumably the 61/63 are staying at Albert Street for the time being? Haven't heard anything to the contrary recently.
Only ask cause the 82/87 are terminating there from today, so I imagine that block around Carrs Lane and Albert Street are going to get horrendously congested come rush hour tomorrow
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

It appeared that the 60 was fully Trident operated today. Usually majority E400 operated on a Sunday from my observations.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Nathan on May 10, 2015, 06:02:08 PM
It appeared that the 60 was fully Trident operated today. Usually majority E400 operated on a Sunday from my observations.

With the 957 seemingly to be single decker!

AndrewLee

Quote from: Kevin on May 10, 2015, 02:01:59 PM
Presumably the 61/63 are staying at Albert Street for the time being? Haven't heard anything to the contrary recently.
Only ask cause the 82/87 are terminating there from today, so I imagine that block around Carrs Lane and Albert Street are going to get horrendously congested come rush hour tomorrow

Can't wait! It's bad enough now. Also, the 126 now using Holloway Head won't help with the congestion down there - that roundabout is a killer!!

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Kevin on May 10, 2015, 02:01:59 PM

Not sure why the 82/87 needs to use Albert Street, why can't they just terminate at Argos. End of the day other services do.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 10, 2015, 07:42:10 PM

Not sure why the 82/87 needs to use Albert Street, why can't they just terminate at Argos. End of the day other services do.

The reason the 82/87 currently do the complete city loop is because of the number of passengers of other routes who change onto them to get to City Hospital, hence the need to get them as close to services coming in from Digbeth & Bristol/Pershore Roads as possible.

monkeyjoe

Arh interesting.Makes sense.

Sh4318

Quote from: Nathan on May 10, 2015, 06:02:08 PM

I saw 4616 and 4633 about 3 times on the 60 today. Surely there's enough Enviros for the 60 on Sunday's. What is the PVR, 7?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk