News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_Brum12

Given the drafting in of the B7's to cover 99 duties, should an Enviro 200 on the 99 be classed as an "unusual working"?

In all seriousness though, the users on the Wisley Way loop in Welsh House Farm must be brassed off now at having their buses regularly going AWOL.  It sounds like the E200's have some serious issues.

AndrewLee

Rumour has it the 99 will be transferring to another garage...

winston

Quote from: AndrewLee on February 22, 2015, 11:27:24 PM
Rumour has it the 99 will be transferring to another garage...

I think Pensnett has been suggested as an option for the 99 in the past, but don't know where they'd put another 9 x E200's

AndrewLee

Some drivers believe it's a done deal. Pensnett being the obvious choice. The 126 coming to BC has been mooted but I think one bloke made an off hand comment and its spread like wildfire and people are taking it as gospel.

By the way - they won't need all nine E200's for the 99.

Kevin_Brum12

The 126 being "split" between BC and Wolverhampton would be sensible.  It is such a long route and it only takes something minor to go wrong to result in buses bunched together at one end of the route. 

winston

Quote from: AndrewLee on February 22, 2015, 11:32:15 PM
Some drivers believe it's a done deal. Pensnett being the obvious choice. The 126 coming to BC has been mooted but I think one bloke made an off hand comment and its spread like wildfire and people are taking it as gospel.

Surely BC garage wouldn't have capacity for the 126 and WN don't need to loose any routes (as has excess capacity). If the 99 does indeed move to Pensnett, I still think they'd struggle to accommodate another route & additional buses without something else being moved elsewhere or they'd have to consider using the extra land for parking

AndrewLee

Good point. Lots of rumours at the moment. So far the 126, 9, 50 and (amazingly) the 6 are options for moving to BC. These are not my thoughts you understand, merely chit-chat at relief points.

Forgot to say the 8 as well!

winston

Quote from: AndrewLee on February 22, 2015, 11:39:43 PM
Good point. Lots of rumours at the moment. So far the 126, 9, 50 and (amazingly) the 6 are options for moving to BC. These are not my thoughts you understand, merely chit-chat at relief points.

No harm if posting rumours like these, as long as they are stated as such.

All of those routes would bring 20-25 extra buses in to BC, surely if the 99 was to move out. The spare capacity at BC may be useful to allow for any existing service enhancements/Pvr increases?

Quote from: AndrewLee on February 22, 2015, 11:33:33 PM
By the way - they won't need all nine E200's for the 99.

I'd have though if the 99 were to go to Pensnett, they'd have all 9 x E200's to boost the number of spares there. This is of course unless the 99 if being split/curtailed etc

Alex

Not sure, but wasn't the 50 at BC a while ago, as didn't it get ALX400/B7TLs?
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

winston

Quote from: Alex on February 22, 2015, 11:50:41 PM
Not sure, but wasn't the 50 at BC a while ago, as didn't it get ALX400/B7TLs?

If my memory serves me correctly, I seem to remember the Spectra's worked the 50 up until if left BC for YW, upon transfer BC sent 43-- series Trident/ALX400's to YW with the route keeping the Spectra's. The Tridents were later replaced by new E400's 4738-62 @ YW

uniquicity

B7TL / ALX400 were on the 50 after the Spectras. 4249-64 were branded

winston

Quote from: uniquicity on February 23, 2015, 12:07:13 AM
B7TL / ALX400 were on the 50 after the Spectras. 4249-64 were branded

Cheers Pete, forgot about those. My memory's pants then......

Liberator9

Now that certainly is an interesting one re the 6; I do like to read a bit of rumour at 6am in the morning ;) I can't see YW being too happy if it lost either that or the 50 considering they are big money spinners for them judging by the loads - would also mean quite a few spare drivers down at YW considering there is not much around the area to replace such major routes.

AndrewLee

@Winston the 99 won't be curtailed, quite the opposite. Word is when it moves it'll be extended to Hasbury.

Tara4352

Quote from: AndrewLee on February 23, 2015, 07:48:30 AM
@Winston the 99 won't be curtailed, quite the opposite. Word is when it moves it'll be extended to Hasbury.
Or Hayley Green I think it could go to Cradley Heath

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk