News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Theres a Platinum on the 829... Again! It is the generic branded ones - meaning that it could be one of:
- 6701, 6702 or 6716 onwards.

According to the Noteworthy spreadsheet, its still not the allocated vehicle type (obviously) - although, I have been seeing Platinums crop up on the 829 for a while - hence why I mention it in the BC thread, rather than the NW Thread.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: Chris on September 17, 2015, 10:18:25 PM
Is that volvo hybrid demostrator still at bc?

It is currently at Bordesley, I need to go and find it as apparently it has visited the paintshop last week, no idea what it looks like now it wasn't a full repaint

Trident 4194

My brother says there is a platinum vehicle on the. 9/829 most days, shame he works in Stourbridge not brum

Stu

Quote from: Tony on September 21, 2015, 07:14:37 PM
It is currently at Bordesley, I need to go and find it as apparently it has visited the paintshop last week, no idea what it looks like now it wasn't a full repaint

I was thinking about this demonstrator yesterday, and wondered at the possibility of it being evaluated as a 'Sprint' vehicle (being a dual-door double-deck). As I find it unlikely that NX would be looking to purchase more hybrids without Green Bus funding for regular passenger service.

I think a lot of people have assumed that the Sprint buses will be bendi-buses, but I do recall from perusing the Birmingham Connected documents that other types of vehicle were being considered also, including dual-door double-deckers.

Will be interesting to see how it's been repainted!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Hmmm interesting that its at Bordesley? Look forward to see what sort of repaint it has had
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BU07 LGO

At WA yesterday with nx logos

BK63 YWP

6715/16 just been on midlands today part of keeping the midlands moving. Interesting national express seeing 10 % increase on people using the buses. Whilst in contrast first potteries experience a drop in numbers

X10 Gornal Wood

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Chris on September 22, 2015, 01:43:50 PM
6715/16 just been on midlands today part of keeping the midlands moving. Interesting national express seeing 10 % increase on people using the buses. Whilst in contrast first potteries experience a drop in numbers

You can't compare NXWM and First Potteries, they're both in totally different leagues with their own merits.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on September 22, 2015, 06:01:47 PM
You can't compare NXWM and First Potteries, they're both in totally different leagues with their own merits.

I am not comparing them it was said on the article Midlands Today was comparing Stoke on Trent and Birmingham. Only mention it in the BC thread as 6715/16

X10 Gornal Wood

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Chris on September 22, 2015, 06:06:59 PM
I am not comparing them it was said on the article Midlands Today was comparing Stoke on Trent and Birmingham. Only mention it in the BC thread as 6715/16

Typical media halfwits then...

CL

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on September 22, 2015, 06:01:47 PM

Indeed, but it does not send out a particularly good message about Firsts ability.   Especially as you would expect a bus operator to do reasonably well in an urban area with low car ownership like Stoke-on-Trent.  You do wonder if Potteries, like Wigan and the Redditch/Kidderminster operation will be the next piece to go.  At least NXWM have got a bit of get up and go to go after extra passengers.

CL

808 on the X64 now - was on the 24 this morning; seen it leaving Colmore Row around 16:00 NIS

Mike K

Has 4881 been reported as moving across to BC yet (apologies if I've missed it)?

It's on the 22/23 today.

Still not seen 4877.

CL

Quote from: Mike K on September 25, 2015, 08:17:55 AM
Has 4881 been reported as moving across to BC yet (apologies if I've missed it)?

It's on the 22/23 today.

Still not seen 4877.
Hasn't anybody mentioned 4881? I just got off it! It's been quite a while now... Rode it a couple times on the 24, as for 4877 - i'd usually find it on the 24. I'll let you know if I see it today, @Mike K

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk