News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who cares really seriously , Maggie thatchers then Tory party had this thing going on back in the day lets privatise everything, the taxman didn't lose out WMT did go for a price in the then management/employee buyout. There are more buses on the road than ever before. FairPlay to claribels for the job they are doing, I am currently half away across the world in India and you should see the state of buses here horrific, yes there brand new spankers From volvo and mercs here aswell, people don't winge they get on with it. You should be grateful for buses you get in Britain regularly inspected, safety first priority not an after thought. Coaches here that travel between the big city's really are something more like business class on Emirates, seats more like lazy boys and all mod cons.

dw1308

4472 currently broken down near kidderminster carpets in longbridge......been sat there for about 5 mins awaiting recovery

GeminiFan1991

Theirs an Enviro 200 on the 58
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

James4368

Quote from: BusFan on April 09, 2015, 09:30:14 AM
Theirs an Enviro 200 on the 58
It's 809 it's going to solihull now
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

AndrewLee

Bristol Road services now extended to Albert Street in the city centre, with that being the relief point as well. So now BR drivers can block both High St and Albert St during layovers.

GeminiFan1991

I'm on. 4459 and I cant help but notice a wind type hissing noise

Liverpool Street

Quote from: AndrewLee on April 11, 2015, 08:24:07 AM
Bristol Road services now extended to Albert Street in the city centre, with that being the relief point as well. So now BR drivers can block both High St and Albert St during layovers.

Hahahaha you can't be serious?

Albert Street being that narrow strip of road used by most services in the City for entering/leaving?

Why was the X51 shifted from there again...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Quote from: Liverpool Street on April 12, 2015, 12:16:52 PM
Hahahaha you can't be serious?

Albert Street being that narrow strip of road used by most services in the City for entering/leaving?

Why was the X51 shifted from there again...

It's actually true, see:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/revised-timetables-for-services-61-63-sunday-12th-april-2015
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

lots of drivers use albert street as a layover point after the morning peak so where will these go?

Something needs to be done about the Pershore road stop, theres always 3 buses trying to squeeze on causing chaos as they block up carrs lane.

monkeyjoe

I believe it is an emergency arrangement because of the Grand Central works.

AndrewLee

Park St has a lay-by with room for two buses (next to the derelict lighting place). Also consider this, now these BR services are being routed into the city under the guise of roadworks, do you really believe they will be curtailed back after all is done?

GeminiFan1991

On the 97, I caught glimpse of BC and I saw what appeared to be a white single decker bus but I reckon it was older generation bus,

BU07 LGO

Quote from: BusFan on April 13, 2015, 01:51:03 PM
On the 97, I caught glimpse of BC and I saw what appeared to be a white single decker bus but I reckon it was older generation bus,

Most likely a trainer

GeminiFan1991

Probably was as Training vehicles are white I believe

On my way back, I caught glimpse of a Trident (I think 4428) leaving BC with an engineer (Orange overalls) driving.

D10

Quote from: AndrewLee on April 12, 2015, 07:10:42 PM
Park St has a lay-by with room for two buses (next to the derelict lighting place). Also consider this, now these BR services are being routed into the city under the guise of roadworks, do you really believe they will be curtailed back after all is done?

Hopefully they will stay at Albert Street. For such major services as the 61 and 63 to only come as close to the City Centre as New Street Station is pretty poor, the Albert Street stop opens these services up to a different section of the City.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk