News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Driver watch out your going to loads of these nows!!!

Started by monkeyjoe, June 28, 2013, 10:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Liverpool Street

Simple rule that hasn't failed me for the previous years;

Doors Closed. Stay Closed.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: The Rat on June 28, 2013, 12:10:07 PM

What would you have done, should the pedestrian have used the emergency door open on the outside?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 28, 2013, 12:15:36 PM

What would you have done, should the pedestrian have used the emergency door open on the outside?

Hold the close button down inside the cab, it overrides the outside one. Not much can be done for the emergency exit door though.

It was more fun on the Metros as it was a valve rather then a button on them, so you couldn't really hold them closed; Just better hope for the lights to change before the situation gets hairy! (You could also drive with the doors open back in the day. Or maybe it wasn't an enforced rule as is now? Tony....)
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: The Rat on June 28, 2013, 12:18:16 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 28, 2013, 12:15:36 PM

Hold the close button down inside the cab, it overrides the outside one. Not much can be done for the emergency exit door though.

It was more fun on the Metros as it was a valve rather then a button on them, so you couldn't really hold them closed; Just better hope for the lights to change before the situation gets hairy! (You could also drive with the doors open back in the day. Or maybe it wasn't an enforced rule as is now? Tony....)

Well Spectra drivers often open their doors well before the vehicle is stopped

Liverpool Street

I dont think Spectras have an interlock system, or one that works.

I wish they had stayed [SP] at Central, the doors were quick to shut aswell. I dont have a bad word to say about the Optares, I've had no issues with the brakes.
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: The Rat on June 28, 2013, 01:42:26 PM

I wish they had stayed [SP] at Central, the doors were quick to shut aswell. I dont have a bad word to say about the Optares, I've had no issues with the brakes.

Solos, Excels & Spectras (ie everything Optare) were the only vehicles that couldn't easily be fitted with door brakes

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: The Rat on June 28, 2013, 01:42:26 PM

I agree from a passenger perspective as well, huge fan of the Spectras but on a door related note sometimes when I alight or board an Omnilink for example it can often be quite embarrassing standing on the platform wondering whether the driver is actually going to let me get off as the doors can be so slow, as someone in the know I never hurry the drivers but have been on 311/313 Omni's when passengers have become quite aggressive with the driver because the doors are so slow and the interlock so sensitive as they rush to get off

BU07 LGO

I agree, the scania doors are truly shocking! They should use them on the routes with the least number of stops like the x51!

ilovetea4370

I saw one a few months ago on the 35 that kept closing as soon as it had opened, made for some unhappy passengers!

nitromatt1

Quote from: trident4370 on June 30, 2013, 11:29:31 PM
I saw one a few months ago on the 35 that kept closing as soon as it had opened, made for some unhappy passengers!

In my experience it doesn't take much to get unhappy passengers on the 35 anyway lol

Lukeee

Do thee doors on ALX400 B7's interlock as (some) drivers open them before the bus comes to a complete stop?

vinh1000

On a B7TL 42xx a passenger managed to open door whilst bus moving at 30mph :L some crazy people I guess - not sure if emergency buttons above override any interlock system
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Lukeee on July 02, 2013, 10:13:32 PM
Do thee doors on ALX400 B7's interlock as (some) drivers open them before the bus comes to a complete stop?

They do but it only 'locks' once the wheels stop turning. Very few buses which are fitted with interlocks apply full drum brake pressure as soon as the doors open.

4366 does, though. That thing has a tendency to  go off when you go over a pot hole so it night be faulty.

Emergency button will still activate an interlock once vehicle speed is manageable.
until it cought fire

mranon

would the reason for the massive optare exodus be partly due to the interlock issue? im suprised as everything else has it fitted, that they havent fitted it to spectras or withdrawn them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk