News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Quickest runs on routes

Started by nitromatt1, June 23, 2013, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

The amount of threads that go off topic and this one is targeted! Me and Ash were having a conversation about nBus/nNetwork tickets, a quite important one at that, nothing was stopping anyone from talking about the actual topic
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Sh4318

Anyway, back on topic. I've travelled on the 46 between Londonderry & West Bromwich within 12 minutes - although that was before it was amended to serve Smethwick Galton Bridge
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4609

I have done the 244 in around 15-18 minutes on a sunday but i usually get to halesowen at 2:22

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 24, 2013, 04:36:44 PM
I have done the 244 in around 15-18 minutes on a sunday but i usually get to halesowen at 2:22

The 244 in 15 minutes is impossible

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 24, 2013, 04:38:01 PM

Well i would say around 18-19 minutes actully. I did once make it before 20 past for sure

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 24, 2013, 04:40:47 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 24, 2013, 04:38:01 PM

Well i would say around 18-19 minutes actully. I did once make it before 20 past for sure

Probably left Dudley a minute or two early as it does occasionally

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 24, 2013, 01:41:22 PM
Quote from: The Rat on June 24, 2013, 01:13:03 PM
Damn 3 pages of crap. Please keep Personal Conversations off the Public Forum.

I second that, back on topic please!!

You can't really say that as you went off topic aswell. Same with talk about Nbus being valid in a certain area.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 24, 2013, 04:44:11 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 24, 2013, 01:41:22 PM

I second that, back on topic please!!

You can't really say that as you went off topic aswell. Same with talk about Nbus being valid in a certain area.

Me? I was only asking a quick question :(

Trident 4609

No Matt i was refering to Shauns moan about going off topic.Sorry if if you i was talking to you.

Ash

I did a whole 23 in 29 minutes the other evening. I was late, naturally, from Woodgate. Just got to town smack on time, ready for the run back to Garage.

I was giving some relevant information out sorry if it went off topic but was just making a point, maybe a chat log thing like some forums have where people could just generally talk may be a better idea on the homepage of this forum, but it's not 3 pages of crap as it was all relevant talking about how you done a 23 in 29 minutes is boring so what if you did good for you I doubt many people are interested rant over lol.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Ash on June 24, 2013, 05:40:02 PM

I did a whole 23 in 29 minutes the other evening. I was late, naturally, from Woodgate. Just got to town smack on time, ready for the run back to Garage.

I was giving some relevant information out sorry if it went off topic but was just making a point, maybe a chat log thing like some forums have where people could just generally talk may be a better idea on the homepage of this forum, but it's not 3 pages of crap as it was all relevant talking about how you done a 23 in 29 minutes is boring so what if you did good for you I doubt many people are interested rant over lol.

Excuse me?

Please re-read the first post and Topic Title. What your talking about is irrelevant to the topic. My posts are on topic thank you very much. If I click on a topic about Quickest journey times I don't expect to be reading through page after page of nbus tickets and boundaries.

Suppose this is the problem with a forum full of children.

--

Any early Sunday runs are pretty quick & quiet, enjoyable too. I'd recommend the 900 of a Sunday morning, if thrash is your kind of thing. Dont know 100% what the times are but a weekday round trip is a dead 3hours. I think it is about 2hr 15 or 2.5hours - a large difference imho. Last time I experienced it the water hose blew at Park Hill Drive. Only there 1.5hours waiting for engineers lol.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

I recall early one Saturday morning, I was waiting in Acocks Green for the (then NX-operated) 30 service, the 0745 journey that came straight from garage. Annoyingly it was nearly ten minutes late arriving straight from the garage, either a B6LE or B10L I can't remember exactly now, but once the driver turned round the island at Shirley Road and picked me up (the only waiting passenger at the time) he then proceeded to floor the thing, and got through the route to Blossomfield Road in about 10-12 minutes. By which time he'd nearly made the time up, due to only one other passenger getting on. I do recall being quite impressed at the time, as once I'd joined the corresponding 6/76 a couple of stops to Cranmore Road and then walked, I got to work on time!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on June 24, 2013, 07:07:57 PM
I recall early one Saturday morning, I was waiting in Acocks Green for the (then NX-operated) 30 service, the 0745 journey that came straight from garage. Annoyingly it was nearly ten minutes late arriving straight from the garage, either a B6LE or B10L I can't remember exactly now, but once the driver turned round the island at Shirley Road and picked me up (the only waiting passenger at the time) he then proceeded to floor the thing, and got through the route to Blossomfield Road in about 10-12 minutes. By which time he'd nearly made the time up, due to only one other passenger getting on. I do recall being quite impressed at the time, as once I'd joined the corresponding 6/76 a couple of stops to Cranmore Road and then walked, I got to work on time!

10-12 minutes to Blossomfield Road? How long is the usual journey?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Stu

It was timetabled as 18 minutes. Though during the week that was always an impossibility.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

As with most bus timetables now, you don't get enough time with the volume of traffic. I'm against Summer Timetables for this reason you don't get enough time to do the job properly. All routes should have enough time to drive to A standard. Sadly, hardly any do. According to a mate of mine who deals with scheduling - its regarding averages of a bus driving at 12MPH from start to finish without stopping. That was concluded back in the fifties. I'd guess now the average speed is less; but they haven't dealt with it in the same fashion.

Nice to know there is still routes of which you can get time back with 'spirited' driving haha, cheers stu!
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk